No announcement yet.

4.19 Physical Lights

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I had the same concern and experienced the same issue. I had an interior scene that I re-worked with light values and settings based on this thread. All good until I noticed there are fx elements with emissive textures that are not compatible.

Comment

so,i m also encountering many issues regarding emissive / unlit shader und previewing the scene. i get that emissive materials are linked to the exposure of the scene, but "unlit" materials arent "unlit", they are also somehow linkend. to solve that i d get the current ev100 value in the material and multiply by that, but thats not possible right now natively. would be great to get such node. else pbl by now break most of unreal s other features. basically all widgets are unreadable but even countering using arbitrary emissive multiplicators doesnt look right. also previewing is a nightmare. especially before baking the lights, everything is just off.
      Last edited by schauk; 04-09-2020, 05:14 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Rawalanche View Post
        It seems that the physical lighting scale was somehow hacked into the engine, but when I try to actually use it, I encounter quite a few engine areas which just aren't built to handle that...
        What other areas? The only issue I've ran into in recent versions is Convolution Bloom doesn't work as expected at higher luminance ranges used by physical units.

Originally posted by schauk View Post
        so,i m also encountering many issues regarding emissive / unlit shader und previewing the scene. i get that emissive materials are linked to the exposure of the scene, but "unlit" materials arent "unlit", they are also somehow linkend. to solve that i d get the current ev100 value in the material and multiply by that, but thats not possible right now natively. would be great to get such node. else pbl by now break most of unreal s other features. basically all widgets are unreadable but even countering using arbitrary emissive multiplicators doesnt look right. also previewing is a nightmare. especially before baking the lights, everything is just off.
        It's kind of hard to follow you. Unlit/emissive materials aren't linked to exposure, but your exposure relative to the emissive intensity will determine whether or not it looks correct, or is even visible at all. And to echo what I asked Rawalanche, what are these other broken features, and widgets, you're referring to?
        Lighting Artist @ Rockstar Games
        ArtStation
        Twitter

Comment

I made an editor widget that acts as a calculator to convert luminance to a more intuitive unit for lighting, illuminance, while also getting the associated EV and the respective shutter speed/aperture. Here's a Twitter thread to explain the reasoning as well as talk about the updated editor viewmode in 4.24 that measures luminance and illuminance. And here's the Github link to download my updated shader for 4.24 and 4.25 with EV in the viewmode

Lighting Artist @ Rockstar Games
          ArtStation
          Twitter

Comment

Working...
          X