X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by coach View Post
    hi all.

i get an error using Luoshuang's GPU:

there are my Lightmass settings with traditional method (intensity 1, auto expurse)

if i use Deadalus51's settings (intensity 70.000 manual expurse, camera 100/125/14) i get all meshes black

if i use Deadalus51's settings with auto expurse (intensity 70.000 auto expurse but compensation using) i get correct interiors burning exteriros

it means Luoshuang's GPU have a bug with strong dome intensity?
    This would belong in Luoshuang's thread, but you're not the only one with this issue. I posted about it on this page and it seems like there are some other people having the same issue.
    Lighting Artist II @ Crystal Dynamics
    ArtStation
    Twitter

Comment

ok thanks. i will try to understand more about it.

(i also would like to know if someone alse with 4.21 working fine)

Comment

Originally posted by MysteryBlues View Post
        Another very simple blueprint to temporarily fix (the lighting for) UnlitMode etc - for when you are checking your Base Color values etc.
        While we wait for Epic to fix the Unlit mode preview while using the extended luminance range + physical real-world values for lights.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/51djjs7vu1...ck_BP.rar?dl=0

As you can see in the screenshot, you just have to assign the sun directional and skylight actors, and mark "Check Unlit mode". It will turn both actors to invisible, and the "UnlitCheck" directional light component in the blueprint to visible - this light has the default 3.14159 intensity. Unchecking will revert these lights to their previous visibilities.

Again, very simple, but as I made it here, why not share?
        MysteryBlues how do you load those .copy files in unreal? Do you have my any chances the uassets to share instead? (I am interested by your light meter BP ) We tried to load them in 4.21 in a couple ways and we don't get the expected results.
        Pierre-Felix Breton

Sr Technical Product Manager AEC, Unreal Engine Enterprise
        Epic Games - LinkedIn

Comment

MysteryBlues how do you load those .copy files in unreal? Do you have my any chances the uassets to share instead? (I am interested by your light meter BP ) We tried to load them in 4.21 in a couple ways and we don't get the expected results.
          pf_breton, sorry, I just right-clicked and chose "Export" without even checking how .copy files were used etc. I searched here and someone mentioned this .copy is deprecated, or not used at all.

Here is the .rar file with the the blueprints Unlit_Check_BP, LuminanceLuxCalc_BP and its material and mat. instance:
          https://www.dropbox.com/s/xkiu13r2w8...Utils.rar?dl=0

(I just copied the uassets and zipped them together. I guess they'll work, as the only reference is to the material and mat. instance in the file)

The calculator is very very simple. Ideally it should have something in the blueprint graph like PixelInspector.GetLuminance connected to the text component. I've tried typing "Pixel" in the blueprint event graph to see if the Pixel Inspector window had been exposed to blueprints, but found nothing. And I'm busy now to dig more into that.
          Hope it helps you.

Edit: typos

Edit: Regarding the .copy format, I tried here changing the extension to .txt and it seems like they're like what you get when you select nodes in the material editor (or blueprint editor etc) and ctrl+C.
          Last edited by MysteryBlues; 01-14-2019, 05:45 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Tim Hobson View Post

One thing that did not make the documentation with this most recent update for 4.21 is a section detailing the workflow for using the PLUs and Auto-Exposure. It's something that I want to add along with some reference values to use for different lighting situations (ie, sunny day, overcast, night, etc) that are in line with what you can find on other sites with tables of exposure values (for example, Wikipedia).

Just know that it's still on our minds to add these things and reduce the confusion (as much as possible). Unfortunately, I don't have an ETA, but I'll push to get something added before the end of the year (which isn't really that far off!).
            Hello,

Any news on those workflows / example content?
            Artstation
            Join the support channel
            Gumroad Store

Comment

Hello, anyone has any insight on what is the best way to approach particle emissive values using physical light units? A day - night difference of over 14EV makes the values too extreme to keep a fixed value in some cases (magic vfx and such). Something like fire would be fine keep constant easily but anything else is very arbitrary. Should I ditch using PLU?

Comment

Originally posted by Baguetteness View Post
                Hello, anyone has any insight on what is the best way to approach particle emissive values using physical light units? A day - night difference of over 14EV makes the values too extreme to keep a fixed value in some cases (magic vfx and such). Something like fire would be fine keep constant easily but anything else is very arbitrary. Should I ditch using PLU?
                I think you wanna use exposure override in shaders for effects like this Thats common practice these days for stuff like this
                Check out UNREAL 4 Lighting Academy
                https://forums.unrealengine.com/show...ng-like-that-)

Comment

Originally posted by Daedalus51 View Post

I think you wanna use exposure override in shaders for effects like this Thats common practice these days for stuff like this
                  Yeah, this is super helpful for gameplay oriented stuff especially. Just divide your final emissive output in the material by the EyeAdaptation node and whatever luminance you have before that node will remain constant regardless of exposure.
                  Lighting Artist II @ Crystal Dynamics
                  ArtStation
                  Twitter

Comment

Thanks a lot guys

Comment

Hi,
                      Do you know why if I put a movable object in a fully closed room (6 walls with no doors or windows), that object keep being lit by the stationary skylight? I tried everything (as far as I know) like increasing volumetric lightmap samples, put lightmass importance volume, lightmass character indirect detail volume, volumetric lightmap density volume, turn on ambient occlusion, increase the building quality.

I am a bit lost right know,
                      Thanks in advance

Comment

Originally posted by Daedalus51 View Post
                        So, I finally had time to update to 4.21 over the weekend and try out a few things!

2. skin doesnt show spec anymore
                        3. the hair of her is set to black, for some reason it renders light brown when using physical values
                        Any work around for the spec on subsurface materials besides disabling pre exposure??
                        Left - Pre exposure enabled / Right - Pre exposure disabled

I noticed that if i switch view modes and then go to lit again it displays proper spec for a while....
                        Last edited by redfox22x; 02-25-2019, 08:42 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by redfox22x View Post

Any work around for the spec on subsurface materials besides disabling pre exposure??
                          Left - Pre exposure enabled / Right - Pre exposure disabled

I noticed that if i switch view modes and then go to lit again it displays proper spec for a while....
                          do you have r.sss.checkerboard enabled? You have to use that if preexposure is enabled.

Comment

Originally posted by Nerdsbeware View Post

do you have r.sss.checkerboard enabled? You have to use that if preexposure is enabled.
                            That did it thank you!

Comment

Maybe that should be set as default automatically when enabling pre-exposure?

I really hate that you have to put 20 different settings all over the board to get this working! PLS just make one switch and that's it

Otherwise, this will always be super error prone^^
                              Check out UNREAL 4 Lighting Academy
                              https://forums.unrealengine.com/show...ng-like-that-)

Comment

I've noticed when I use a directional light at 100,000 lux and use F9.0 with a shutter speed of 125 & iso 100, any attempts to use an exponential height fog in the scene results in black fog... is this a bug? Has anyone used exponential height fog successfully with these more accurate light settings? I'm on ue4 4.21.
                                Last edited by Afflictor; 03-24-2019, 12:12 AM.
                                Afflictor
                                www.tavshande.com

Comment

Working...
                                X