Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to increase texture cube resolution - (cubeMap - imported HDR image)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to increase texture cube resolution - (cubeMap - imported HDR image)

I'm importing a HDR texture and it is converted to texture cube (cubeMap), just as it should. But once imported, the resolution is 512x512x6, even if I set the mip gen settings to NO MIPMAPS. Is there any way that I can make the texture be displayed at native resolution, or at least 4k or 8k.

Also I've changed the reflection capture resolution to 1024 in the project settings.

I want to use the cubemap in a sphere reflection capture, and there are a lot of fine details.
    Here is a screenshot of what the setup looks like (note that I've plugged in 4k hdr, but I also have others that are 10000x5000 pixels)

Thanks
    Z
    Last edited by zaksi; 12-07-2017, 05:11 PM.

Try setting MaximumTextureSize to 1024 near the top of those settings. I think that was it. If not Ill double check soon.
    Ryan Brucks
    Principal Technical Artist, Epic Games

Comment

Life saver...

Comment

Originally posted by zaksi View Post

Also I've changed the reflection capture resolution to 1024 in the project settings.
        RyanB

Hi Ryan, any reason this setting isn't available individually on reflection capture actors, or am I overlooking it?

Comment

can you increase the cubemap to 4k or even 8k? My current settings don't seem to allow to go higher than 1024.. is this the max?

Comment

Working...
          X