Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[Cascade] Possible to rotate an entire emitter?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[Cascade] Possible to rotate an entire emitter?

I'm trying to create an atom effect where three to five glowing sprites orbit around a center core. I'm looking for a way to spawn particles in an orbit around the Z axis. I tried the Orbit Module, which does exactly what I need, but the problem with it is that the particles don't inherit that new location. So if I make another emitter to spawn a trail off of my orbiting particles, it just spawns particles at (0,0,0) instead of the orbiting particles' locations.

Is there a way other than the Orbit module to make particles spin around the center axis?

I found an answer for myself after throwing in some numbers to the Orbit Module.

Add an Orbit Module
    Offset Amount to the radius you want (for example: Constant Z 50)
    Rotation Amount to numbers below 1 will tilt the axis. (for example: Constant [X 0.1][Y 0.1][Z 0.0])
    Rotation Rate Amount to how many times you want it to rotate the center every interval. (for example: Constant [X 1.0][Y 0.0][Z 0.0] will rotate around once per second.

Would be nice if the Orbit Module also included an Axis category so the user could put the specific axis they want more easily.
    Last edited by Xnar; 05-21-2020, 12:08 PM. Reason: found answer for uses

Comment

I think there's a way to bind, or connect, one emitter to another, or to connect a certain module in one emitter to a module in another. I don't remember how, but it was in a tutorial I saw.

Comment

Working...
      X