Custom Material Expression With Multi Outputs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Custom Material Expression With Multi Outputs

I have been recently working with Custom Material Expression. However there can be only one output for the UE stock custom expression. But I really need multiple outputs especially in the situation that the custom shader is very large. So I just modify the original one a bit so that I can now add as many output as I can to the custom expression now.

So this is a just very simple version of it. In this example, I have only two outputs with the default returned. And the second output is 'Output1' as specified in the UI. The code shows how I modify the 'Output1' value.

Click image for larger version

Name:	
Views:	0
Size:	280.0 KB
ID:	1370208
    I will also support including external ush files in the future so that external function would be inlined by the Shader compiler.
    Last edited by timli; 10-16-2017, 11:40 AM.

It would be nice, if you would actually take it to a pull request stage. It is exceptionally useful.

Comment

I second this!
      Follow me on Twitter!
      Developer of Elium - Prison Escape
      Local Image-Based Lighting for UE4

Comment

Sorry for reviving this old post, but, how did you manage to do this? I kinda need this urgently. Also, is there a way you would compile a plugin with that?

Comment

I also really would like to know how you did it. Is there any comments or the actual code available??

Comment

3rd. Anyone found this?
            Free Environment Plugin Project (Ocean Project) || Join us on Discord! || Includes: Time/Sky/Ocean/Fish/Buoyancy plugins
            ComputeShader CPU->GPU->CPU
            Universal GetNetwork/LocalRole

Comment

Bump. Do it already.

Comment

Hi, anyone with a solution for this?

I'm thinking of a workaround using "IncludeFilePaths" which would include some global variable declaration in it...
                Did someone try something like this already?

Comment

Working...
                X