Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to add a texture effet to the paint material ? (Real time render target painting)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to add a texture effet to the paint material ? (Real time render target painting)

Hello, I'm trying to achieve that kind of effect https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jz050a2OMXE

I have been able to do Real time render target painting with a sphere, but I can't add a texture on it to change the splat effect form.
    I tried different methods to add the texture but I always end up with weird circles, as if the texture was very deformed.

Here is my material. The green square is what I got to work.
    Yellow and Red square are my failed attempt at adding the texture (UE4 logo)

What did I do wrong, how can I have that texture to render correctly ?

(sorry for bad English)

Screenshots in game: green square -> yellow square -> red square
    another weird circle when I add texture differently (Red square of material) Effect I got to work (green square of material) Weird circle when I add texture (Yellow square of material)

i would show a link if u know chinese and use wechat

Comment

Originally posted by profhua View Post
      i would show a link if u know chinese and use wechat
      Thanks for the reply, sadly I don't speak a word of chinese. (and never heard of wechat)
      But please pass the link anyway, who know, maybe it'll help.

Comment

Hi,

You can actually download my plugin for that video with that example here:

http://unreal-engine-public-share-cd...s-GDC-Pack.zip

there might be a missing texture or something in that material, but the basic setup is simple.

1) Take spheremask result, hook that to "Transition Phase" of a "Height Lerp" material function
        2) take some random texture noise and add that as "Height" to the heightlerp.
        3) adjust the contrast input and then use the Alpha output
        Ryan Brucks
        Principal Technical Artist, Epic Games

Comment

Working...
        X