No announcement yet.

UE4 + Nvidia Ansel + 360 Video Capturing

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Going insane trying to get this to work with macro. Already downloaded iBrews tutorial to be sure that I wasn't doing anything wrong but it's all the same. My problem is no matter what I do i can't seem to have any macro program register the "space" button to actually snap the shot. Other keys it will register. I have even tried to hardcode the location on a mouse and have it click it but the same story. I'm using 4.22 and launching the game in stand alone to get Ansel working.

Have you guys made this approach work with 4.22?

Comment

Originally posted by Sigurgeir View Post
      . My problem is no matter what I do i can't seem to have any macro program register the "space" button to actually snap the shot. Other keys it will register. I have even tried to hardcode the location on a mouse and have it click it but the same story. I'm using 4.22 and launching the game in stand alone to get Ansel working.
      Are you using the GeForce Experience Overlay or do you have it disabled? I have it enabled under my Geforce Experience Settings.

Also, I couldn't get a good method to dish out renders with any macro, so i made this python script to press spacebar after each capture, automatically :
      Code:
      import socket
      import pynput
      import time  

UDP_IP = "127.0.0.1"
      UDP_PORT = 5005  

sock = socket.socket(socket.AF_INET, # Internet
                             socket.SOCK_DGRAM) # UDP
      sock.bind((UDP_IP, UDP_PORT))  

from pynput.keyboard import Key, Controller
      keyboard = Controller()
      FrameCount = 0
      TotalFrames = input("Enter total number of frames to capture")
      print(TotalFrames)  

while FrameCount < int(TotalFrames):
      data, addr = sock.recvfrom(1024) # buffer size is 1024 bytes if data.decode("utf-8") == "Capture":
      print(FrameCount) time.sleep(1.5) keyboard.press(Key.space) keyboard.release(Key.space) FrameCount += 1
      else:
      print("Incorrect string received")
      And the PlayerCameraManager Blueprint :
      Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot-21.png Views:	1 Size:	42.8 KB ID:	1628285 As you can see i'm recieving a UDP message from unreal to simulate the spacebar press (which I got working with the udp plugin and Extended BP Library)

But after using this method I was encountering a lot of jittering in the video being rendered so I had to set r.PhotographySettleFrames to 30 (yes, it takes a lot more time) but it seemed to have solved the problem, but now producing a new problem, my skeleton mesh animations jitter a lot more.

Does anyone have a better method to capture? I'm almost about to give up and live with the jitters
      Last edited by Jenova723; 06-06-2019, 07:58 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Roberto De Ioris View Post
        Hi, just to inform you that i have released a plugin for automating 360 captures via Ansel: https://github.com/rdeioris/AnselCapture
        Have you tried this?

Comment

Originally posted by raptoreagle View Post

Have you tried this?
          Yes, but that plugin doesnt seem to be enabling Anti-Aliasing, I have also opened a ticket on the github page for that as well. I currently am using the python script to automate but another issue has popped up where the camera doesnt move along with the player because i never end the ansel session, so for scenes where i need to move the camera I use the old jitbit macro method.

Comment

You can try Surreal Capture (https://www.surrealcapture.com), it is world first and only UE4 360 degree video capture software, it can plug into UE4 games and capture realtime 360 degree video from it.

Comment

shame epic wont embed 360 capture in the engine

Comment

for some reason the ansel plugin is forcing my game resolution to 720p this makes capture slower than it should. i'm trying to force 4k but i'm not sure what i'm doing wrong..

Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by y_mike1 View Post
                  You can try Surreal Capture (https://www.surrealcapture.com), it is world first and only UE4 360 degree video capture software, it can plug into UE4 games and capture realtime 360 degree video from it.
                  1. It is not the first
                  2. It is not the only
                  3. I will give it a try and hope all post processing works correctly, will give feedback soon as i test.

Edit: It says it currently only supports fortnite.......
                  Last edited by Jenova723; 07-17-2019, 01:32 AM.

Comment

Hi, I was trying to create a new post but can't, so I am posting here. I am rendering HDR stereo using Ansel. I tried render images with HUD, I have set r.Photography.AutoPostprocess 0. but the rendered image is not showing HUD. How can I get rid of this?

Comment

Hi I have been using this method of capturing 360 video with the Ansel plug in and the macros and it worked really well !
                      until recently with the latest Nvidia drivers update it seems that Ansel is not working anymore in the Engine ! I can't bring up the Ansel interface anymore.
                      this folder is gone as well : C:\Program Files\NVIDIA Corporation\Ansel . This is extremely disappointing that they broke something that was working fine. Anybody found a workaround for that ?

Comment

Originally posted by Davidaurecon View Post
                        Hi I have been using this method of capturing 360 video with the Ansel plug in and the macros and it worked really well !
                        until recently with the latest Nvidia drivers update it seems that Ansel is not working anymore in the Engine ! I can't bring up the Ansel interface anymore.
                        this folder is gone as well : C:\Program Files\NVIDIA Corporation\Ansel . This is extremely disappointing that they broke something that was working fine. Anybody found a workaround for that ?
                        uninstall the gforce experience and install an older one that worked or the one you used last.

Comment

Originally posted by raptoreagle View Post

uninstall the gforce experience and install an older one that worked or the one you used last.
                          Thanks mate.

Actually i found an even better work around, if we disable in-game overlay in GeForce experience the old Ansel plug in is back ! NVCameraConfiguration.exe is still missing tho.

Comment

Originally posted by Jenova723 View Post
                            Edit: It says it currently only supports fortnite.......
                            Surreal Capture software was improved quite a lot in the past two months. It supports to capture 360 degree video directly from a lot of more UE4 games now. Here is the youtuble channel that demonstrate the sample 360 degree video:
                            https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCV-...kqLrxlvLPyn60A

Here is the link to the Surreal Capture website: https://www.surrealcapture.com

Comment

Working...
                            X