Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Black splotches on meshes?

Hi,

Sorry if this has already been asked and answered but I wasn't sure what to search for. I've been getting these weird splotches on my meshes. They're dumped out of maya and then imported in to UE4(4.17.2).

I have done some basic lightmap UV work but I assume that the mesh editor doesn't build any lighting. I'm guessing it's something to do with my import settings when I bring in the mesh but I'm unsure as to which one might cause this. I am importing both normals and tangents( exporting them also, with triangulation ).

Any advice?

Thanks.

Edit:

I've noticed this only really seems apparent in the mesh editor. Is it a bug of some kind or is it something I should be concerned about?
    Last edited by xuri; 09-26-2017, 01:39 PM. Reason: New information.

I was wrong this is happening in the main editor also.

Does anybody know where I'm going wrong?

Thanks.

Comment

Can I see a wireframe view of the model? Also, do you have any sort of ambient occlusion map or embedded material?

Comment

Originally posted by TroublingMink59 View Post
        Can I see a wireframe view of the model? Also, do you have any sort of ambient occlusion map or embedded material?

The ambient map is just pure white. I haven't baked it in yet.

Comment

Looks like Distance Field Artifacts, do you have that on by any chance?

https://docs.unrealengine.com/latest...ientOcclusion/
          Bacon Man : An Adventure (UE4)

Comment

Originally posted by TheAgent View Post
            Looks like Distance Field Artifacts, do you have that on by any chance?

https://docs.unrealengine.com/latest...ientOcclusion/
            I am building distance fields for skylight AO and also for my water material. Is there a way of reducing the artifacts? It's not a large mesh, it's only 100cm squared and it's not scaled in any way.

Comment

Yep, it's definitely the distance fields.

Now I know the cause I can start figuring out how to fix it. But if anybody has any suggestions I'd appreciate it.

Thanks guys.

Comment

Try to set distance field resolution to 0, it worked for me

Comment

Working...
                X