How to compile lightmass?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to compile lightmass?

Hello everytime I am trying to build my light, it comes an error called: " Lightning build failed. Swarm failed to kick off. Compile Unreal Lightmass. " Can you help me how I can change this?

Do you build the engine from source? If so, you have to recompile the Lightmass module (as the error suggests).

EDIT:
    Open the engine solution in Visual Studio and search for UnrealLightmass, then right click: build.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	LightmassRebuild.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	285.9 KB
ID:	1130259
    Last edited by Kontur; 06-26-2017, 09:42 AM.

Comment

I get this same error (doesn't matter what level I try to build, even the default "blank one" with just a floor.)

I rebuilt Unreal Lightmass a half dozen times now, restarted PC, and nothing seems to work.

I've also tried everything in the forum post about steps to fix Swarm not starting.

Comment

Do you download your UE4 from the launcher or github ?

Comment

Originally posted by EkstraReality View Post
          Do you download your UE4 from the launcher or github ?
          Github and built whole source.

I'm running as Debug Editor if that matters.
          Last edited by Slayer9292; 07-04-2017, 02:00 AM.

Comment

Ok do you tr to make a new clean intallation maybe ?
            And try maybe with Development Editor instead ?

Comment

FYI, Development Editor worked.

I was going to try that next, but needed a point where I could waste an hour or so building.

Comment

Originally posted by Kontur View Post
                Do you build the engine from source? If so, you have to recompile the Lightmass module (as the error suggests).

EDIT:
                Open the engine solution in Visual Studio and search for UnrealLightmass, then right click: build.
                It doesn't show up when i search for it. I already verified the engine. I got it from the launcher. It did work yesterday and now it doesnt :l

EDIT: A mesh was causing the problem. Reimplementing it helped out
                Last edited by Danjio; 08-10-2017, 07:55 AM.

Comment

Bcs of copyright Infringement... GitHub has removed UE4 every links.

Comment

Originally posted by Loucou View Post
                    Bcs of copyright Infringement... GitHub has removed UE4 every links.
                    No they haven't?

Comment

Originally posted by Kontur View Post

EDIT:
                      [ATTACH=CONFIG]146371[/ATTACH]
                      this worked for me when i had a light build failed to kick off compile light mass error. thank you!

Comment

I'm having this same issue and the UnrealLightmass file isn't showing up in VS2017. Someone wanna give me a hand?

Comment

Just for info: Using VS2017 with source built UE4.21.2, found UnrealLightmass module, and building it resolved the error. Thanks!

Comment

I build the ue4.24.3 from the github source code with the Development Editor option .I have the same problem and compile the
                            UnrealLightmass.It works.

Comment

Working...
                            X