Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If the LPV could be detached from the camera, and its size changed, it would be useful.

Comment

Originally posted by DanielW View Post
      The volume textures used by Volumetric Fog are relatively low resolution and aligned to the camera frustum. Volumetric Fog uses a heavy temporal reprojection filter with a different sub-voxel jitter each frame to smooth out the aliasing. As a side effect, fast changing lights like flashlights and muzzle flashes leave lighting trails. Disable volumetric fog contribution on these lights with 'Volumetric Scattering Intensity' set to 0.
      Does this temporal filter take into account screen resolution changes from dynamic resolution? I seem to be seeing artifacts from that that I don't notice when dynres is off, but am not completely sure.

Comment

Hi I cant seem to render Volumetric fog in a short animation when using Sequencer

Please see attached pics.

First Pic is what I want to render. The second pic shows the rendered animation from Sequencer, no volumetric fog renders any help would be great.

Graeme van Rensburg
        Email: graeme@designgvr.com

Comment

Yea, my volumetric fog will never look as good as the first image, I can't use witchcraft, no matter what I do it will always look like garbage.

Comment

Volumetric Fog seems to be unaffected by the Indirect Lighting Intensity setting in the post process volume, just wondering if this is a bug or if this is just a limitation of volumetric fog?

It seems unusual to me since it is using volumetric lightmaps, which are also used to light moveable objects and they behave correctly with the post process setting

Comment

Hello guys. I'm using the UE 4.25 volumetric cloud system, my issue is that when I move the camera for example move it 20m up in the air, the ground fog seems to follow it so there is no spacial impression, the fog is like glued on the camera lens. Did anyone face this? Any solution? Thank you guys for your time.

Comment

Working...
              X