Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Are there any plans to implement SSMS (ScreenSpaceMultipleScattering) into the fog System. Looks like someone has integrated it into Unity since 2016. And it's looking pretty hot in RDR2 right now!!

https://forum.unity.com/threads/scre...tering.446647/
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P7ckSQESnho

Comment

So does volumetric fog work in VR or not? As it is now it my 4.21.1 test the eyes are very different not resolving to a unified experience. I would say that either the left or right camera is placed wrong or something along those lines. Have I used it wrong? If not, is there a workaround?

Comment

(reviving old thread?) I have the same issue as augminded in VR. Right eye renders the light shafts/bloom with an offset from the light source. We are going to turn off volumetric altogether as it's taking at least 5fps. and fake it with some old school camera facing plane or something. I can'y even turn off the blooming and keep only the fog
        Working on 4.21.2

Comment

My scene has a room with open doors. Does anyone know how UE4 removes the high fog in the room?[/COLOR]
          [/COLOR]
          Last edited by JanyYZ; 05-23-2019, 02:00 AM.

Comment

misterbil augminded I had this problem too. Turns out vol. fog has issues with instanced stereo rendering; I turned that off and how I have proper fog in my VR project.

Comment

Hi, dont know if it was said before, but increasing fog distance crash the volumetric fog when the camera moves and the screen end up completely black. this doesnt happen in small scales. Shouldnt the fog be able to work as expected despite the scale? Is this a bug? Any solutions?

PD: is there any plan to make the light functions work with the volumetric fog?
              PD2: It actually work with directional, not with point or other type, have to use the texCoord instead WorldPosition to map the function
              Attached Files
              Last edited by II_ADN_II; 06-05-2019, 02:47 PM.

Comment

Bump, any workaround or solution?

Comment

Originally posted by II_ADN_II View Post
                  Hi, dont know if it was said before, but increasing fog distance crash the volumetric fog when the camera moves and the screen end up completely black. this doesnt happen in small scales. Shouldnt the fog be able to work as expected despite the scale? Is this a bug? Any solutions?

PD: is there any plan to make the light functions work with the volumetric fog?
                  PD2: It actually work with directional, not with point or other type, have to use the texCoord instead WorldPosition to map the function
                  Bumping for help

Comment

Even if that was supported, you wouldn't really get much back. You'd be stretching the volume texture reeeaaallly far and would lose any/all definition from shadow casters. Only use case of volumetric draw distance of 100,000,000 that I can think of is a planetary-scale game, which UE4 doesn't really support out of the box anyway so you'd likely be looking at a custom solution.
                    Lighting Artist II @ Crystal Dynamics
                    Former Lighting Artist @ Obsidian Entertainment
                    ArtStation

Comment

Working...
                    X