Lightmass: multi-bounced sky lighting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    did you reinstall the hacked lightmass after updating to 4.16.3 ?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    so i dont know if anyone can help me but my skylight bouncing was working fine and i was tracking it whenever i build on Swarm, (1/10,2/10 .. 10/10) progress. but now all the sudden i don't see that anymore, it skips to building the light (10.27%, 25.51%.. 100%)
    is that normal or do i have to reinstall ? im using UE 4.16.3

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by raiden1983 View Post
    ...But where can i change number of bounces? ... Is this work with official 4.16 version of Unreal Engine?Thanks.
    look 4 posts above your post (#150). It works with 4.16.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Monorio View Post
    Hi and thanks for the amazing work, this is phenomenal.
    Quick questions tho:
    1-Would this work with a custom version of the engine? Let's say we have a modified version of 4.14.3.
    2-How would I go about implementing this in 4.14.3 if at all possible?
    Thanks man
    I also would like to know the same but for 4.13.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hi everybody. I would like to try this but i don't know how to work with this. I should download file for 4.16 and replace old Uneallightmass.exe with this new one. But where can i change number of bounces? can you give some screenshots or something.Is this work with official 4.16 version of Unreal Engine?Thanks.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Is there a way to integrate it into official releases?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Thanks Luoshuang, this is very useful! I am interested also in the GPU lightmass that you're working on. Would you be willing to share more details about it? Would it be possible to calculate lightmass with both the CPU and GPU someday?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by ZacD View Post
    They will work for any sub versions, so 4.16 will work on 4.16.1 or 4.16.2. Just use the dropbox links. The number of bounces is controlled in the normal world settings > lightmass settings within the editor.

Thxs. Trying this out now.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    They will work for any sub versions, so 4.16 will work on 4.16.1 or 4.16.2. Just use the dropbox links. The number of bounces is controlled in the normal world settings > lightmass settings within the editor.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hey guys, will tis work on 4.16.2? Or just 4.16. Also..... which one is the most current one. Theres 2 versions posted on the 1st page. Should I download the very first one on the first post? And also... people are saying they use 10 of 12 or 20 bounces. How can you manually change the bounce count?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hello guys.. im new in unreal engine 4 !! i used to be good in Vray maya 3dmax mental ray smalluxgpu blender etc.
    Im still learning the beginners stuff but im not new to the concept . so i will learn fast. the thing is... to create such realistc results i found out you can tweak the following things.

-OBJECTS lightmap resolutions ( normaly people tend to put it in 512 or 1024 )
    -Direct Light parameters ? ( dont know witch ones )
    -Skylight Parameters ? ( dont know wich ones )
    -change de INI FILES. ( there are some tutorials around that to make the calculations go BRUTE FORCE . so its not good and i think it has been replaced with LIGHT PORTALS inside the actual scene ... am i wrong ? )
    -WORLD SETTINGS ( Lightmass settings - static light scale ( normaly people put it in 0.15 ) , NUm indirect lightning bounces ( 20 is good i guess ), indirect lightning quality ( 15 to 20 is good right ? ) and indirect lightning smoothness ( i allwyas put it to 0.6 ).
    -and now i found this UNREALLIGHTMASS.exe file that replaces the old one witch aparently makes more bounces for skylight ( am i wrong ? )

Please if i miss something can you point out to me ?
    the level of light im looking for in my work is this: https://ue4arch-ziqfn0zfhxoy.netdna-...4/still_04.jpg

thanks guys , been learning so much in this forum with you people.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    can we get a 4.17 version?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    It's just for organization.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Does grouping lights together change anything in the engine, with build times for example? 'Robo Recall' features a lot of close proximity point lights grouped together, is it just for organisation purposes?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Figured out the problem. So i should just leave the baselightmass.ini untouched

Leave a comment:

Working...
X