Lightmass: multi-bounced sky lighting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Monorio View Post
    Hi and thanks for the amazing work, this is phenomenal.
    Quick questions tho:
    1-Would this work with a custom version of the engine? Let's say we have a modified version of 4.14.3.
    2-How would I go about implementing this in 4.14.3 if at all possible?
    Thanks man
    I also would like to know the same but for 4.13.

Comment

Originally posted by raiden1983 View Post
      ...But where can i change number of bounces? ... Is this work with official 4.16 version of Unreal Engine?Thanks.
      look 4 posts above your post (#150). It works with 4.16.

Comment

so i dont know if anyone can help me but my skylight bouncing was working fine and i was tracking it whenever i build on Swarm, (1/10,2/10 .. 10/10) progress. but now all the sudden i don't see that anymore, it skips to building the light (10.27%, 25.51%.. 100%)
        is that normal or do i have to reinstall ? im using UE 4.16.3

Comment

did you reinstall the hacked lightmass after updating to 4.16.3 ?

Comment

Has anyone noticed issues with 4.16.3? Since updating, I've lost bounced lighting.

Yes, I have replaced the lightmass.exe with the latest download.

Obviously, no one's fault, but really makes me appreciate how much better my scenes look with this working!

Comment

Thanks for the hard work, but I can't seem to get the results you can.

I updated to 4.16.3, dropped in the 4.16 lightmass.exe and grabbed your scene, and I got this result with preview lighting http://i.imgur.com/ruPRq9m.png

EDIT: Seems to no have artifacts on medium or higher, but I noticed I have no bounces from the skylight with this version.
              Last edited by Zombie; 08-08-2017, 09:08 AM.

Comment

If you will update it i'm going to love you!

Comment

Unreal Engine 4.17 has released multi bounce support, is this the same thing?

Comment

Nope, completely different. That 4.17 update doesn't have anything to do with lightmass and skylights.

Comment

can someone upload the exe, i tried compiling in 4.17 and got 33 errors.

Comment

Could someone be kind and recompile lightmass binaries to 4.17 version ?
                        https://www.artstation.com/tomaszmuszynski

Comment

[4.16 lightmass] does not work on 4.17

Comment

I use 4.16.1 and download unreallighmass. Exercise but I haven't original files and can't work. Please help

Comment

I made it work in 4.17

Below are the steps that I took:
                              1. Download the code for the 4.16 version of these lightmap changes from GitHub (see first post)
                              2. Download the Unreal Engine 4.17 code from GitHub.
                              3. Replace the following files in the 4.17 Engine code with the ones from the 4.16 lightmass code: in /Engine/Source/Programs/UnrealLightmass/Private/Lighting/ :
                                • FinalGather.cpp
                                • LightingSystem.h
                                • LightingSystem.cpp
                                • Mappings.h
                                • PhotonMapping.cpp
                                • TextureMapping.cpp
                              4. Then in Mappings.h replace:
                                • Code:
                                  FLockFreeVoidPointerListBase CompletedCacheIndirectLightingTasks;
                                  with
                                  Code:
                                  TLockFreePointerListLIFO<FCacheIndirectTaskDescription> CompletedCacheIndirectLightingTasks;
                                • Code:
                                  FLockFreeVoidPointerListBase CompletedInterpolationTasks;
                                  with
                                  Code:
                                  TLockFreePointerListLIFO<FInterpolateIndirectTaskDescription> CompletedInterpolationTasks;
                              5. And in Mappings.h add the green lines:
                                Code:
                                namespace Lightmass
                                {
                                	class FCacheIndirectTaskDescription;
                                	class FInterpolateIndirectTaskDescription;

/** A mapping between world-space surfaces and a static lighting cache. */
                                	class FStaticLightingMapping : public virtual FRefCountedObject, public FStaticLightingMappingData
                                	{
                              6. Build the code
                              7. Go to Binaries/Win64/ and copy UnrealLightmass.exe to the same folder in the engine you are using.
                              8. Test!

I hope I can help someone with this, let me know if it worked for you!
                              Good luck!

Comment

[MENTION=235229]Fligeon[/MENTION] Nice you found a way to make it work. You couldn't zip and post the exe here I guess since it's Luoshuang's project? A lot of people without C coding skills would like to use this one in 4.17 I think (me included - Luoshuang got me hooked)

Comment

Working...
                                X