High Resolution Screenshot: Use Custom Depth As Mask not working

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

High Resolution Screenshot: Use Custom Depth As Mask not working

For about a year I've been using the "Use Custom Depth As Mask" option on the High Resolution Screenshot tool. I would select the models I want, and turn on the "Render Custom Depth" option, and then when I take a screenshot as detailed in the documentation, it would output a screenshot with a transparent background and only the selected models in the image.

Just now, I've been trying to do this and it no longer works. When I turn on "Use custom depth as mask", the entire screen is green and the models are not shown.

I've even tried reinstalling Unreal Engine and it does not work in a fresh install.

Does anyone know what settings might be causing this to not work?

Hey there, I have the same problem. Have you found a solution yet? Or someone else?

Comment

Originally posted by Furry Ferret View Post
      Hey there, I have the same problem. Have you found a solution yet? Or someone else?
      I still haven't found a solution yet.

Based on some research and testing, turning on "Custom Depth-Stencil Pass" in your Project Settings seems to fix this issue if it's turned off, however, in my specific case I'm using the Ark: Survival Evolved dev kit (for modding the game), and I believe this feature is already turned on.

Comment

The High Resolution Screenshot tool doesn't work well with screen space effects either, I've always used Nvidia DSR to set my monitor 1440p monitor to 4k+ and just take screen shots.

Comment

I tried using this features as well. It doesn't work anymore, just puts out blank screenshots. Also, whenever I try to take high resolution screenshots, they come out all blurry with mip mapped textures. It seems to happen after I've taken multiple screenshots, as the first ones I take come out the way they were intended, with high rez textures.

Possible bug?
          [Need game models?] [My latest Drone.]

[My UE4 Marketplace]

Comment

Hey everyone, I'm pretty sure this isn't a bug! I had the same exact problem today but I've found the solution:
            1. Select the model you'd like to take a screenshot of
            2. Search through the settings using the keyword 'depth'
            3. There should be an unchecked box called render custom depth pass - you gotta make sure you keep that checked
            4. Should be working just fine now

Comment

Originally posted by Tetsu_jin View Post
              Hey everyone, I'm pretty sure this isn't a bug! I had the same exact problem today but I've found the solution:
              1. Select the model you'd like to take a screenshot of
              2. Search through the settings using the keyword 'depth'
              3. There should be an unchecked box called render custom depth pass - you gotta make sure you keep that checked
              4. Should be working just fine now
              5. Make sure Opacity is >0.333333 or whatever you "Opacity Mask Clip Value" says
              Last edited by Ramón Janousch; 01-16-2020, 05:10 AM.

Comment

Working...
              X