Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Editor Utility Widgets Feedback

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    It was a great idea to utilize UMG for editor scripting, thank you!

    Some humble requests:

    a) When working with more than 1 viewport pane, we can't properly set pane camera orientation on project/map load (e.g. where every view should be in a different world location). The SetLevelViewportCameraInfo function always sets the active pane, it would be very useful to be able to specify pane index there. More on this issue here.

    b) It would be awesome to be able to automatically dock widget windows next to specified default tabs (e.g. one of the most 'popular' spots for that, next to the World Outliner tab) if needed. Very useful e.g. for a Marketplace product, for new users - for now they need to manually dock the widgets after they open in a new project.

    Update, a major one: c) When opening widgets in one project, the widget windows remain opened also in other projects that use the same engine version. This is very cumbersome, e.g. I use an editor widget in project A, then I open project B and it shows empty windows where the widgets from project A were. I don't use any widgets in the other projects, so I need to rearrange the window layout every time I reopen the project with widgets.
    Please make the widget window arrangement project-wide, not engine-wide.
    Last edited by Slavq; 10-08-2019, 09:06 AM.

    Comment


      Originally posted by Shadow.Storm View Post

      I agree that this seems like there is an issue here, and we'll look into it on our end. Thanks for letting us know!
      Hi. Just checked 4.23.1 and the construction script is not called when SpawnActorOfClass is used from an Editor Utility Widget. Any idea when it will be fixed? Thanks.
      Snap Plugin for EditorSnap Plugin for Games
      Modular Japanese HouseScaffold System
      TwitterBlogYoutubeitch.io

      Comment


        I would love to see editor widgets have the ability to work with things during runtime.

        For example, I'd like to build an editor tool that monitors player network data, and displays each player in a server-list type fashion. However I can't pull data from players mid-game.

        I think this is one of the best things to be added to the engine in awhile. It's going to help with tool creation a lot. Thank you!!! Please keep adding to it <3
        Last edited by TSpartanT; 10-24-2019, 07:56 PM.
        Systems Designer, Project Manager, Level Designer

        Portfolio

        Steam


        Comment


          Hello Guys, I am having problems to pass variables to TileViews when I am creating new child widgets, it seams absolutely broken, does someone is having the same problem?.
          here is a step by step:

          1.- Create a new widget utility
          2.- Set a TileView Widget inside
          3.- Create another widget utility and set the UserObjectListEntry interface
          4.- Set a TextBlock inside the child widget utility
          5.- Create a function to pass a string variable and set the text for the text block (or make a variable public and expose on spawn, not working either)
          6.- go back to the first widget utility and set the child in the TileView settings
          8.- Create a new widget and init that variable

          Adding the widget to any other panel container works, looks like the TileView is generating a copy

          Comment


            Originally posted by Shadow.Storm View Post

            I agree that this seems like there is an issue here, and we'll look into it on our end. Thanks for letting us know!
            Sorry to bump, but are there any news about this?

            We're receiving negative reviews on the Marketplace because we cannot update out Marketplace product to 4.23 because of this bug.
            Snap Plugin for EditorSnap Plugin for Games
            Modular Japanese HouseScaffold System
            TwitterBlogYoutubeitch.io

            Comment


              Originally posted by scha View Post

              Sorry to bump, but are there any news about this?

              We're receiving negative reviews on the Marketplace because we cannot update out Marketplace product to 4.23 because of this bug.
              Still investigating, but I think a workaround for now would be to put a function on your actor that gets called after spawn. Thanks!

              Comment


                Originally posted by Shadow.Storm View Post

                Still investigating, but I think a workaround for now would be to put a function on your actor that gets called after spawn. Thanks!

                I did that, but I don't want to put this on the marketplace, because once you fix it this function will be called twice and break things again.
                Snap Plugin for EditorSnap Plugin for Games
                Modular Japanese HouseScaffold System
                TwitterBlogYoutubeitch.io

                Comment


                  Originally posted by scha View Post


                  I did that, but I don't want to put this on the marketplace, because once you fix it this function will be called twice and break things again.
                  Currently this isn't scheduled for a 4.23 hotfix, and I'm not confident that a fix would follow hotfix rules, so I believe you can update with this for 4.23. Thanks!

                  Comment


                    EUW are a really amazing tool, but the current documentation isn't really helpful. And there isn't a lot information from other users other than this thread.
                    That being said I would really appreciate some help on the player controller issue. I'm trying to select specific mesh that I spawned, not the entire actor. I was hoping to trace from underneath my cursor like I would do from a normal Widget, but I haven't been able to get any kind of player information while in editor.
                    I've seen this question being asked a couple of times, but it ended being unanswered.
                    Any kind of help would be appreciated

                    Comment


                      If the "Select Actors Using This Asset" function could be exposed it might be helpful. Someone needs a tool that can select all actors using a certain texture and put them in a folder. Sadly they dont use material instances, so there is no way to check if an actor uses a texture in its material.
                      Also I dont know if keyboard input is implemented yet.
                      Last edited by Mystice Games; 11-02-2019, 09:28 PM.

                      Comment


                        I found another one: it seems that "set actor selection state", from the Editor Scripting Plugin, is not added to the undo transaction properly. When I use it to add actors to the selection inside a transaction, then undo the transaction, the selection doesn't change.

                        Or maybe I'm doing something wrong?


                        Click image for larger version  Name:	Annotation-20191104-154334.jpg Views:	0 Size:	74.3 KB ID:	1682349
                        Last edited by scha; 11-04-2019, 10:54 AM.
                        Snap Plugin for EditorSnap Plugin for Games
                        Modular Japanese HouseScaffold System
                        TwitterBlogYoutubeitch.io

                        Comment


                          Originally posted by scha View Post
                          I found another one: it seems that "set actor selection state", from the Editor Scripting Plugin, is not added to the undo transaction properly. When I use it to add actors to the selection inside a transaction, then undo the transaction, the selection doesn't change.

                          Or maybe I'm doing something wrong?


                          Click image for larger version Name:	Annotation-20191104-154334.jpg Views:	0 Size:	74.3 KB ID:	1682349
                          Are you also using the BeginTransaction and EndTransaction nodes?

                          Comment


                            Originally posted by Shadow.Storm View Post

                            Are you also using the BeginTransaction and EndTransaction nodes?
                            Yes. Check the simplified version of the whole thing:


                            Click image for larger version  Name:	Annotation-20191104-191041.jpg Views:	0 Size:	180.2 KB ID:	1682439

                            And when I use it it will select actors correctly, then on Ctrl-Z it will show the notification"Undo: Select Between", but not undo the selection.

                            I use the same schema everywhere and it works everywhere but not with "set selected state"
                            Last edited by scha; 11-04-2019, 02:15 PM.
                            Snap Plugin for EditorSnap Plugin for Games
                            Modular Japanese HouseScaffold System
                            TwitterBlogYoutubeitch.io

                            Comment


                              Originally posted by scha View Post

                              Yes. Check the simplified version of the whole thing:


                              Click image for larger version Name:	Annotation-20191104-191041.jpg Views:	0 Size:	180.2 KB ID:	1682439

                              And when I use it it will select actors correctly, then on Ctrl-Z it will show the notification"Undo: Select Between", but not undo the selection.

                              I use the same schema everywhere and it works everywhere but not with "set selected state"
                              Okay, that does sound like a bug with that node. Could you please report it here: https://epicsupport.force.com/unrealengine/s/ thanks!

                              Comment


                                Originally posted by Shadow.Storm View Post

                                Okay, that does sound like a bug with that node. Could you please report it here: https://epicsupport.force.com/unrealengine/s/ thanks!
                                Done! I sent a simple BP Widget. I also found that the bug occurs only if something is already selected before the transaction, if nothing is selected then Ctr-Z works as expected.
                                Snap Plugin for EditorSnap Plugin for Games
                                Modular Japanese HouseScaffold System
                                TwitterBlogYoutubeitch.io

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X