X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Originally posted by Spoondog View Post
    In 4.23 preview 1, if I attempt to save my EUW while that EUW is open, it will not save because it is "linked to an external package". If I close the widget and then save the EUW blueprint, then it will save successfully. This happens even with a new, blank EUW, and it happens when the editor tries to autosave. Saves work ok in 4.22.

I went to log a bug, but I can't select 4.23 as the version so here it is:

Reproduction steps:
    1. Create an new Editor Utility Widget and add anything to it (e.g. an image). Save it.
    2. Run the editor utility widget.
    3. Open the editor utility widget in the blueprint/widget editor.
    4. Try to save the widget. Note you receive an error.
    5. Close the running editor utility widget.
    6. Try to save the widget again. Note it saves successfully.

Saving will fail with an error message like this:
    EditorErrors: Warning: Object 'WidgetX /Temp/Untitled_1.Untitled_1:WidgetX_C_6' is in another map
    EditorErrors: Warning: Can't save WidgetX.uasset: Graph is linked to object WidgetX /Temp/Untitled_1.Untitled_1:WidgetX_6 (CreatedUMGWidget) in external map
    This should be fixed in the next preview. Thanks for calling it out!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I'm also getting a crash if I try to save a savegame file from an EUW (I submitted the crash via crash reporter).

I save the state of just about every input to a savegame file when the widget is closed, and restore when it opens... which worked ok on 4.22.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    In 4.23 preview 1, if I attempt to save my EUW while that EUW is open, it will not save because it is "linked to an external package". If I close the widget and then save the EUW blueprint, then it will save successfully. This happens even with a new, blank EUW, and it happens when the editor tries to autosave. Saves work ok in 4.22.

I went to log a bug, but I can't select 4.23 as the version so here it is:

Reproduction steps:
    1. Create an new Editor Utility Widget and add anything to it (e.g. an image). Save it.
    2. Run the editor utility widget.
    3. Open the editor utility widget in the blueprint/widget editor.
    4. Try to save the widget. Note you receive an error.
    5. Close the running editor utility widget.
    6. Try to save the widget again. Note it saves successfully.

Saving will fail with an error message like this:
    EditorErrors: Warning: Object 'WidgetX /Temp/Untitled_1.Untitled_1:WidgetX_C_6' is in another map
    EditorErrors: Warning: Can't save WidgetX.uasset: Graph is linked to object WidgetX /Temp/Untitled_1.Untitled_1:WidgetX_6 (CreatedUMGWidget) in external map
    Last edited by Spoondog; 07-11-2019, 02:40 AM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I Think this feature is one of the best features ever made inside UE4, really it's very powerful and could elevate the Engine to a new level.
    Thanks for people who're working on this, You did a great job really.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Is it possible using editor widget to change other blueprints default variables within editor and not in game? Also can it make new blueprints in content browser? Like a child of a blueprint, but with different default variables?

Leave a comment:

• replied

I posted a suggestion in that thread that may get around your issue.

However, "on map load / unload" events would be much appreciated here too.
    thanks. I'm going to investigate your advice a a solution.

As for the editor events, check out elgsoft's plugin linked in this post:
    https://forums.unrealengine.com/deve...00#post1618600

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Ratamorph View Post
    I made a editor widget that collects objects of some types and populates a list so I can avoid the clutter of the world outliner and have a place to easily select certain key types. It all works great but if I load another level when the list is populated the editor crashes with an exception on CheckForWorldGCLeaks. This is probably because I still have references to objects in my list and the GC can't clean up the level properly. The question is, how can I clean up my list on or before level load? is there any functionality or work around for this?
    Originally posted by JDStrawesome View Post

I am having a similar issue, except I don't get CheckForWorldGCLeaks, I get an ObjectIsNotCurrentlyRooted, referencing the level that's trying to unload.

https://forums.unrealengine.com/deve...ween-map-loads
    I posted a suggestion in that thread that may get around your issue.

However, "on map load / unload" events would be much appreciated here too.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Ratamorph View Post
    I made a editor widget that collects objects of some types and populates a list so I can avoid the clutter of the world outliner and have a place to easily select certain key types. It all works great but if I load another level when the list is populated the editor crashes with an exception on CheckForWorldGCLeaks. This is probably because I still have references to objects in my list and the GC can't clean up the level properly. The question is, how can I clean up my list on or before level load? is there any functionality or work around for this?
    I am having a similar issue, except I don't get CheckForWorldGCLeaks, I get an ObjectIsNotCurrentlyRooted, referencing the level that's trying to unload.

https://forums.unrealengine.com/deve...ween-map-loads

Leave a comment:

• replied
    How do people use this tool? Can we see some interesting implementation other than 'kinda faster level placement'?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    It's a great feature! I'm using it in my RTX RayTracing easy global settings tweaker ( https://forums.unrealengine.com/unre...ttings-tweaker ) and it allows me to have a panel with a lot of responsive buttons instead of classical call-in-editor custom events buttons, which are a chaos.

But it's true that they can crash very often. I have needed to made some workaround to prevent all those crashes.

Thanks!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hello,
    First off, this is amazing! Didn't even knew i was waiting for this to be in till i actually tried it out.
    Here are a list of stuff i would be glad to have in:
    ○A blueprint node that can run python code would be amazing!|
    ○A table widget/dropdown etc so we can make and display data easily.
    ○Set Lod Preset should be made accesible from blueprints, right now you can only create manual lods for each step but i would like to have the option to just set a preset for it that will automatically generate those lods(this is available from Python)

Thanks and keep up the good work
    Last edited by Narsoi; 06-11-2019, 08:52 AM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Suggestion:
    I'm using Editor Utility widget to create custom Datasmith import functions. Currently I have some Editable Texts inputs where the user can paste file path for the import (ex. c:/MyFolder/MyFile.udatasmith). This is working but it would be great if we had some sort of integrated widget that could open a Windows explorer import dialog, where the user can select the file to import, and this would return a string with the file path.
    Last edited by Francis Lavergne; 06-10-2019, 02:02 PM.

Leave a comment:

• replied

That works if you are right-clicking in the widget, but not for detecting a right-click in the viewport (which is what Night Watcher was asking about).
    Ah I see! Thanks for clearification.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hey, is it possible to access default values of another blueprint using editor widgets? Kind of like the "Apply Instance Changes to Blueprint" menu option that is there on an instance, except I'd like to modify the default values using the editor widget. Great feature btw

Leave a comment:

• replied

Leave a comment:

Working...
X