X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Theses tools are really great!

What i would like to see:
    -easy way to debug blueprint code and see variables of a Editor utility widget. (Maybe i miss something here but right now i mirror variables to a blueprint in world for debugging purpose)
    -have a Blueprint node to run Python code

Comment

Originally posted by Kidox18 View Post
      Hello "Night Watcher",

Not sure if this helps or if it only works in GamePlay but am refering to your "right mouse button".
      Check my attached screenshot.
      Basically in the override function "OnMouseButtonDown", in the widget it uses node "GetEffectingButton" key and compares it with the chosen key of the compare keys. If they're equal, right mouse button is pressed.
      That works if you are right-clicking in the widget, but not for detecting a right-click in the viewport (which is what Night Watcher was asking about).
      Dev Blog
      Twitter: @TheRealSpoonDog
      150 FREE Blueprint functions for your project

Comment

I managed to add thumbnails for materials to my EUW, in a very roundabout way.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture_euw_thumbnails.PNG
Views:	25
Size:	15.6 KB
ID:	1625180

It works "ok", but has issues:
        • It doesn't know to wait until a material has finished loading & compiling shaders (so it'll just be default tex thumbnail if the material isn't a loaded one)
        • I have to spawn a scenecapture actor with a quad, in order to capture thumbnails for lit materials (which temporarily changes the selection)... so it's a bit of a hack.
        • It looks different to the content browser thumbnails and won't work with all materials

Feature request: A "Get Asset thumbnail" (or "Render Asset thumbnail to Render Target" node, if the thumbnail isn't safe to access), so we can use the engine's built-in thumbnailing instead to do this kind of thing.
        Dev Blog

Comment

The variables/better asset picker/easier way to expose properties is coming in a future update!

Comment

Woo! Thanks for the update, Lauren. I hope you're talking about 4.23.

I saw on the roadmap that some updates are coming in 4.23, but there were no details.
            Last edited by pfist; 05-29-2019, 02:15 PM.
            Join Unreal Slackers, the largest Unreal Engine communuty on Discord! → https://unrealslackers.org
            Have a question? Give me a shout on Twitter → https://twitter.com/heypfist

Comment

Another small request:

Could we get a node similar to "Get Selected Assets" that returns Asset Data structures instead of the objects themselves? The problem is, using "Get Selected Assets" has to actually load the assets, which makes things very slow when, for example, populating a dropdown with asset names. If we had one that returned asset data instead from the registry then we can choose whether to load or not.
              Dev Blog

Comment

I made a editor widget that collects objects of some types and populates a list so I can avoid the clutter of the world outliner and have a place to easily select certain key types. It all works great but if I load another level when the list is populated the editor crashes with an exception on CheckForWorldGCLeaks. This is probably because I still have references to objects in my list and the GC can't clean up the level properly. The question is, how can I clean up my list on or before level load? is there any functionality or work around for this?

Comment

Hey, is it possible to access default values of another blueprint using editor widgets? Kind of like the "Apply Instance Changes to Blueprint" menu option that is there on an instance, except I'd like to modify the default values using the editor widget. Great feature btw

Comment

Originally posted by Spoondog View Post

That works if you are right-clicking in the widget, but not for detecting a right-click in the viewport (which is what Night Watcher was asking about).
                    Ah I see! Thanks for clearification.

Comment

Suggestion:
                      I'm using Editor Utility widget to create custom Datasmith import functions. Currently I have some Editable Texts inputs where the user can paste file path for the import (ex. c:/MyFolder/MyFile.udatasmith). This is working but it would be great if we had some sort of integrated widget that could open a Windows explorer import dialog, where the user can select the file to import, and this would return a string with the file path.
                      Last edited by Francis Lavergne; 06-10-2019, 02:02 PM.

Comment

Hello,
                        First off, this is amazing! Didn't even knew i was waiting for this to be in till i actually tried it out.
                        Here are a list of stuff i would be glad to have in:
                        ○A blueprint node that can run python code would be amazing!|
                        ○A table widget/dropdown etc so we can make and display data easily.
                        ○Set Lod Preset should be made accesible from blueprints, right now you can only create manual lods for each step but i would like to have the option to just set a preset for it that will automatically generate those lods(this is available from Python)

Thanks and keep up the good work
                        Last edited by Narsoi; 06-11-2019, 08:52 AM.

Comment

It's a great feature! I'm using it in my RTX RayTracing easy global settings tweaker ( https://forums.unrealengine.com/unre...ttings-tweaker ) and it allows me to have a panel with a lot of responsive buttons instead of classical call-in-editor custom events buttons, which are a chaos.

But it's true that they can crash very often. I have needed to made some workaround to prevent all those crashes.

Thanks!
                          RTX RayTracing easy global settings tweaker

Advanced HDRi background tool + 42 HDR images

Comment

How do people use this tool? Can we see some interesting implementation other than 'kinda faster level placement'?
                            Available for contract hiring! Complex mechanics, quick game prototyping, VR, AI, Animation, Tools for designers.

Check out my latest game! Last Joy - 2D RPG with unique combat system.

Comment

Originally posted by Ratamorph View Post
                              I made a editor widget that collects objects of some types and populates a list so I can avoid the clutter of the world outliner and have a place to easily select certain key types. It all works great but if I load another level when the list is populated the editor crashes with an exception on CheckForWorldGCLeaks. This is probably because I still have references to objects in my list and the GC can't clean up the level properly. The question is, how can I clean up my list on or before level load? is there any functionality or work around for this?
                              I am having a similar issue, except I don't get CheckForWorldGCLeaks, I get an ObjectIsNotCurrentlyRooted, referencing the level that's trying to unload.

https://forums.unrealengine.com/deve...ween-map-loads

Comment

Originally posted by Ratamorph View Post
                                Originally posted by JDStrawesome View Post

I am having a similar issue, except I don't get CheckForWorldGCLeaks, I get an ObjectIsNotCurrentlyRooted, referencing the level that's trying to unload.

https://forums.unrealengine.com/deve...ween-map-loads
                                I posted a suggestion in that thread that may get around your issue.

However, "on map load / unload" events would be much appreciated here too.
                                Dev Blog

Comment

Working...
                                X