This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For everyone using 4.24 I got this reply from the dev team:
    "It looks like the "Set Object" function has been removed in 4.24. That would be the reason your Widget is crashing. It is trying to compile something that doesn't exist anymore."

But I´m not sure on how to actually display and set the variables in the editor widget in 4.24. Anyone got an answer to this?

Edit:
    Shadow.Storm mentioned this in an earlier post here, but no further explanation was given yet: "...expose properties for editing without needing to remake editor UI. A helpful hint is to set "this" node for the Object oh these widgets, and then any public properties will show up."
    Attached Files
    Last edited by neVeRmind8837; 01-22-2020, 04:41 AM.

Comment

Hi. I'm creating a simple Editor Utility Widget. In the construction script I write the message output. After I launch the widget and see its work in the logs.

The first problem is that after each autosave of the project, the script is executed. This is good, but it would be cool to have an analog event-begin play for such widgets, which will be executed only when the widget starts, and not every update or autosave.

Now the second problem. It looks like the UE is not unloading data when the widget is closed. Here is an example below. When the project is saved, the logic is written in the log, which was installed on the construction script in the widget. if I open and close the widget several times and save the project, then the log will be processed as many times as I opened the widget.
      The problem is treated by restarting the project.

Video:
      https://drive.google.com/open?id=1K_...Fwc3Hu-5rmbqjw
      Photo Arch Mode - Real Digital Camera Simulation
      Lut Browser

Comment

Hi.
        first of all so far its been a great experience with the editor utility widgets but here are my two-cents:

I'd like to see the possibility to change the Viewport mode (unlit, lit, lighting only, etc.), Buffer Visualization, Show-Flags (Mesh Distance Fields, Light Types, etc.) and while were at it maybe changing perspective modes is useful to someone too!

Changing Grid Scaling would be useful too!

I guess I like to see generally more options to modify the viewport.

Cheers!

Comment

Originally posted by Shadow.Storm View Post

In 4.23 Preview, the Editor Utility Subsystem has a function SpawnAndRegisterTab that should be able to help with that, and it just takes the Editor Utility Widget Blueprint as an input.
          Where can I find such subsystem? (new to C++ programming, sorry). I'm looking to launch an Editor Uitility Widget when pressing a Plugin Button in the Editor Panel
          Last edited by ac_fabio; 02-17-2020, 12:10 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ac_fabio View Post

Where can I find such subsystem? (new to C++ programming, sorry). I'm looking to launch an Editor Uitility Widget when pressing a Plugin Button in the Editor Panel
            In c++ it seems it works like so:

Code:
                                UEditorUtilitySubsystem* EditorUtilitySubsystem = GEditor->GetEditorSubsystem<UEditorUtilitySubsystem>();
                                EditorUtilitySubsystem->SpawnAndRegisterTab(EditorWidget);
            and in bp just right click and type "GetEditorUtilitySubsystem" and you have it.
            Modular Japanese HouseScaffold System
            Snap Plugin for EditorSnap Plugin for Games
            TwitterBlogYoutubeitch.io

Comment

Any news here? I really want to update my plugins to be 4.24 compatible since a lot of people are asking for it

Comment

Using Details View I can only see Class Settings when I input non-spawned object to Set Object node. I can see my created Variables only when I use spawned object however it only allows me to change spawned instance's variables. Except for Data Assets, I can input a data asset into Set Object and change its default values using Details View widget. Is this intended or should I not use it? Also, is there a way to change default/initial values of an Object using Details View?

Edit: Looks like Data Asset doesn't get saved when its values are changed through Details Views. However, I can use "Create Copy for Undo Buffer" to mark the Data Asset dirty and then save it using "Save Packages" node. Please let me know if I should be doing that because I'm working on something that'll depend on this, and would break the whole thing if it gets removed in future.
                Last edited by Nicat; 05-13-2020, 07:32 AM.
                HeadsAndBrains
                MARKETPLACE | YouTube

Comment

Hello, sorry for asking here, it is still not your site. But, I have created a Wdiget Utility, but I want it to work in a template. When I open the template it tells me "Unrecognized tab". Please help me

Comment

I'm using it to train an AI. It allows me to train it faster than using C++ to manipulate the interface to represent the user. It just helps me make test cases faster, and iterate in ideas quicker for AI training. I will like to continue the expansion of utilities that work in editor mode since there are some things that only exist on run-time. I also think that the widget icons and helpers are quite bad. To have control I created a web app on a server than it is called by UE4 into a browser window. That allows me to have great user interfaces with less maintenance, but I wish UE4 could do the same direction with the editor. Maybe invest in the widget utility to utilize HTML/XML/JSON to manipulate better user interfaces? While I like my server/UE4/menu solution, it would be best to have it integrated directly into the software.

Comment

Originally posted by Spoondog View Post
                      If you have Realtime turned off in the active viewport, Editor Utility Widget Tick only fires when you move your mouse. Also timers (SetTimer by event/function) don't seem to fire at all (but works fine with realtime turned on in the viewport).

Also, I'm getting this error spam when running PIE:
                      Code:
                      LogEditorScripting: Error: The Editor is currently in a play mode.
                      It's happening because I use some editor scripting nodes in the widget on Tick (I have a heartbeat event that checks every second if the world has changed, or if the selection has changed). I can't find a way to check if we're in play mode though, to avoid running those things.

I'm kinda necroing this because I just found myself googling it a bit earlier...

I'm avoiding this sort of error in my Editor Utility Widget using the following pattern. It's not pretty, but it gets the job done.

By checking that the Game World is not valid before checking that the Editor World is valid, the game is happy in play mode because the logic never attempts to access editor logic, and at edit time, it doesn't mind that the game world is accessed, although it is not a valid object.

Or maybe this is a super bad anti-pattern or something. I personally couldn't find a cleaner way to do it.

Click image for larger version

Name:	editor_utility_tick.PNG
Views:	60
Size:	140.8 KB
ID:	1803705

Comment

Working...
                      X