This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Ok so my plan to make a toolbar with submenus (trying to mimic the standard editor toolbar) may have backfired. Just realized that if I spawn a context menu from a button, although I can render it out of the utility widget OK, I can't interact with it. Example below, I can't use the checkbox because it is not within the utility widget bounds:

Click image for larger version  Name:	euw_bounds.PNG Views:	1 Size:	3.3 KB ID:	1606762

Is there a way around this? If no, then consider it a feature request for this thread
    Last edited by Spoondog; 04-11-2019, 11:56 PM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Spoondog View Post

You might be thinking of a regular blueprint. In an editor utility widget, you'd have to make an eyedropper button yourself and when it's clicked, enter a special picking mode, then somehow get the object under the mouse cursor in the viewport on click (the latter is something I think was mentioned early in this thread that they are looking to improve). As you say though, "get selected level actors" is fine for most cases (if you want to leave the selection untouched though, eyedropper is good).
    Gotcha, thanks for the heads up haven't explored the utilities completely yet so that's good to know.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by coalminds View Post
    If you want to get the eye dropper you can create an exposed variable that looks for an object type, can't you?
    You might be thinking of a regular blueprint. In an editor utility widget, you'd have to make an eyedropper button yourself and when it's clicked, enter a special picking mode, then somehow get the object under the mouse cursor in the viewport on click (the latter is something I think was mentioned early in this thread that they are looking to improve). As you say though, "get selected level actors" is fine for most cases (if you want to leave the selection untouched though, eyedropper is good).

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Oldsiren View Post
    Another suggestion would be for an eye dropper type of tool or widget for editor utility widgets incase we only need to select one actor in the level for something, or a specific type of actor.. that would be nice
    I've been using the "get selected level actors" function that was covered in their video last week, it works fine. If you want to get the eye dropper you can create an exposed variable that looks for an object type, can't you?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    It would be helpful to have the table view exposed to UMG somehow, both for this and other purposes.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hi,

So far the UMG widgets are a great addition to UE4. That said some future improvements:
    • Functions for adding components to a blueprint. i.e. For selected static meshes in content browser add them to this blueprint. Also have this work with blueprints with inherited components
    • Easier Asset Reference from Content Browser, i.e. drag and drop Uasset from Content browser into UMG widget, right now getting the assets path works, but could be made easier
    • Functions for appending/bulk editing assets. i.e. For selected static meshes in content browser set "Use High Precision Normals" to true
    • Exposed functionality for asset/material creation. Right now this is possible in python by using create_asset. However in blueprint you are currently unable to create or reference a factory class.
    That's all for now, I'll probably end up coming up with some more at some point.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Another suggestion would be for an eye dropper type of tool or widget for editor utility widgets incase we only need to select one actor in the level for something, or a specific type of actor.. that would be nice

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I've had this error a few times since starting to play with the editor utility widget - not sure if its to do with the widget or just a 4.22 UMG thing, and I don't have a reliable repro yet but I'll leave this here:
    Code:
    LogOutputDevice: Error: === Handled ensure: ===
    LogOutputDevice: Error: Ensure condition failed: !IsGarbageCollecting() [File:D:\Build\++UE4\Sync\Engine\Source\Runtime\UMG\Private\Slate\SObjectWidget.cpp] [Line: 43]
    LogOutputDevice: Error: SObjectWidget for 'Spoon_Tools_Rollout_C /Engine/Maps/Entry.Entry:Spoon_Tools_C_0.WidgetTree_0.Spoon_Tools_Rollout' destroyed while collecting garbage.  This can lead to multiple GCs being required to cleanup the object.  Possible causes might be,
    LogOutputDevice: Error: 1) ReleaseSlateResources not being implemented for the owner of this pointer.
    LogOutputDevice: Error: 2) You may just be holding onto some slate pointers on an actor that don't get reset until the actor is Garbage Collected.  You should avoid doing this, and instead reset those references when the actor is Destroyed.
    LogOutputDevice: Error: Stack:
    LogOutputDevice: Error: [Callstack] 0x00007ff9ad4cdc3e UE4Editor-UMG.dll!UnknownFunction []
    LogOutputDevice: Error: [Callstack] 0x00007ff9ad3526ea UE4Editor-UMG.dll!UnknownFunction []
    LogOutputDevice: Error: [Callstack] 0x00007ff9af46960a UE4Editor-SlateCore.dll!UnknownFunction []
    LogOutputDevice: Error: [Callstack] 0x00007ff9af94080e UE4Editor-Slate.dll!UnknownFunction []
    LogOutputDevice: Error: [Callstack] 0x00007ff9af933068 UE4Editor-Slate.dll!UnknownFunction []
    LogOutputDevice: Error: [Callstack] 0x00007ff9af936ee9 UE4Editor-Slate.dll!UnknownFunction []
    LogOutputDevice: Error: [Callstack] 0x00007ff9ad407c8b UE4Editor-UMG.dll!UnknownFunction []
    LogOutputDevice: Error: [Callstack] 0x00007ff9d0d10deb UE4Editor-CoreUObject.dll!UnknownFunction []
    LogOutputDevice: Error: [Callstack] 0x00007ff9d0cee40c UE4Editor-CoreUObject.dll!UnknownFunction []
    LogOutputDevice: Error: [Callstack] 0x00007ff9d0c9ce0d UE4Editor-CoreUObject.dll!UnknownFunction []
    LogOutputDevice: Error: [Callstack] 0x00007ff9d0c9c3ea UE4Editor-CoreUObject.dll!UnknownFunction []
    LogOutputDevice: Error: [Callstack] 0x00007ff9aca42265 UE4Editor-Kismet.dll!UnknownFunction []
    LogOutputDevice: Error: [Callstack] 0x00007ff9ae525404 UE4Editor-UnrealEd.dll!UnknownFunction []
    LogOutputDevice: Error: [Callstack] 0x00007ff9acb2dad6 UE4Editor-Kismet.dll!UnknownFunction []
    LogOutputDevice: Error: [Callstack] 0x00007ff9acb48e78 UE4Editor-Kismet.dll!UnknownFunction []
    LogOutputDevice: Error: [Callstack] 0x00007ff9af7917ca UE4Editor-Slate.dll!UnknownFunction []
    LogOutputDevice: Error: [Callstack] 0x00007ff9af8690e2 UE4Editor-Slate.dll!UnknownFunction []
    LogOutputDevice: Error: [Callstack] 0x00007ff9af84aa44 UE4Editor-Slate.dll!UnknownFunction []
    LogOutputDevice: Error: [Callstack] 0x00007ff9af9029d2 UE4Editor-Slate.dll!UnknownFunction []
    LogOutputDevice: Error: [Callstack] 0x00007ff9af754021 UE4Editor-Slate.dll!UnknownFunction []
    LogOutputDevice: Error: [Callstack] 0x00007ff9af7d02c1 UE4Editor-Slate.dll!UnknownFunction []
    LogOutputDevice: Error: [Callstack] 0x00007ff9af7baa8a UE4Editor-Slate.dll!UnknownFunction []
    LogOutputDevice: Error: [Callstack] 0x00007ff9af7b03d4 UE4Editor-Slate.dll!UnknownFunction []
    LogOutputDevice: Error: [Callstack] 0x00007ff9d148b8e0 UE4Editor-ApplicationCore.dll!UnknownFunction []
    LogOutputDevice: Error: [Callstack] 0x00007ff9d147ef9f UE4Editor-ApplicationCore.dll!UnknownFunction []
    LogOutputDevice: Error: [Callstack] 0x00007ff9d148d77f UE4Editor-ApplicationCore.dll!UnknownFunction []
    LogOutputDevice: Error: [Callstack] 0x00007ff9d147c090 UE4Editor-ApplicationCore.dll!UnknownFunction []
    LogOutputDevice: Error: [Callstack] 0x00007ff9e8e26d41 USER32.dll!UnknownFunction []
    LogOutputDevice: Error: [Callstack] 0x00007ff9e8e26713 USER32.dll!UnknownFunction []
    LogOutputDevice: Error: [Callstack] 0x00007ff9d148e946 UE4Editor-ApplicationCore.dll!UnknownFunction []
    LogOutputDevice: Error: [Callstack] 0x00007ff6a5d45d3e UE4Editor.exe!UnknownFunction []
    LogOutputDevice: Error: [Callstack] 0x00007ff6a5d5554c UE4Editor.exe!UnknownFunction []
    LogOutputDevice: Error: [Callstack] 0x00007ff6a5d555ca UE4Editor.exe!UnknownFunction []
    LogOutputDevice: Error: [Callstack] 0x00007ff6a5d6315c UE4Editor.exe!UnknownFunction []
    LogOutputDevice: Error: [Callstack] 0x00007ff6a5d65b7e UE4Editor.exe!UnknownFunction []
    LogOutputDevice: Error: [Callstack] 0x00007ff9eb683dc4 KERNEL32.DLL!UnknownFunction []
    LogOutputDevice: Error: [Callstack] 0x00007ff9eb943691 ntdll.dll!UnknownFunction []

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Thanks for all the feedback and questions so far, folks! I will do my best to get answers for all of you here over the next little while, but hope you can bear with me as I will probably have to do some investigating myself. There's lots of cool applications mentioned in here, so I'm looking forward to giving things a try!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Also I know variables in the editor UMG dont get edited permanently, but is there a way to change values of blueprints or assets? For example if I wanted to make a quest outliner UMG tool to help visualize quests, could that change the value of a data table or .uasset as my developers change out tasks or requirements? Or is it locked to editing values in the level instances?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Perhaps I missed it but is there any way to project to the viewport or render UMG in the editor viewport? Would be great for having overlays.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    At around 53:35 of the youtube copy of the stream Lauren mentioned that you can only save the variable to the currently opened instance of the Widget. Really need a way to save variables to the Widget asset (to the actual asset so that it can be easily updated using source control)
    Also would definitely like to see those editor only widget components for being able to select assets based on class.
    Basically the two I need to make the Batch Rendering tool I want to make for easily setting up batch scripts for Sequencer.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    A tool I'm working on uses the Procedural Mesh Component to generate meshes for my levels in-editor. One of the things I want it to do is convert the Procedural Meshes into Static Meshes since they're being made in-editor and don't need changed during gameplay. At the moment this functionality isn't exposed to Blueprints, so I need to manually go into each instance of the Blueprint, select the Procedural Mesh Component, then in the PMC's details panel click on the "Create StaticMesh" button. It would be amazing if this could be exposed to Blueprints for Editor Scripting.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I can`t find "filter by ID Name" function...where is it ?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I'm using these in combined with my data tables and enums (my game is entirely modular) to save and quickly populate building presets. It's saving me a ton of time in world creation and so far works seamlessly due to the get selected level actors function. Great work, look forward to doing more with this especially as UMG/UX stuff is my bread and butter in freelance so blueprinting in UMG is insanely fast.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X