Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another little one: Class Description (the little text which you can set in Class Settings panel of the BP) is not showing up in the content browser. Check the pics below
    Attached Files
    Snap Plugin for EditorSnap Plugin for Games
    Modular Japanese HouseScaffold System
    TwitterBlogYoutubeitch.io

Comment

Originally posted by scha View Post

I did that, but I don't want to put this on the marketplace, because once you fix it this function will be called twice and break things again.
      I just tried out a test case in 4.24 preview and was unable to reproduce it. If you are still seeing it in 4.24 preview (in a copy of your project), can you report a bug using the bug tracker? Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Shadow.Storm View Post

I just tried out a test case in 4.24 preview and was unable to reproduce it. If you are still seeing it in 4.24 preview (in a copy of your project), can you report a bug using the bug tracker? Thanks!
        Okay, I made a test project for 4.24 and i will submit it now. Attaching it here too.

Submitted.
        Attached Files
        Last edited by scha; 11-11-2019, 03:47 PM.
        Snap Plugin for EditorSnap Plugin for Games
        Modular Japanese HouseScaffold System
        TwitterBlogYoutubeitch.io

Comment

Hello all! I'm dealing with an issue and I'm not sure if this is a bug or I'm doing something wrong:

With an editor utility widgets I'm trying to create children of a certain blueprint class, let's name it as MyAssetBP, so I'm duplicating a child of that class (because I'm not being able to create assets directly).

Anyway, my new children have been created corretly but I'm trying to set the static mesh defined on MyAssetBP with a certain mesh and to do that I have to cast the resulting child (Object Reference) to MyAssetBP. This Cast should success as long as my duplicated Object inherit from MyAssetBP, but the cast is resulting failed.

Any clue? If it is not clear, let me know and I'll try to explain it better.

Comment

Hi folks! The two above posts are more generally about editor scripting, so it would probably be best to start threads just for them. This thread is more for how the widgets work. Thanks!

Comment

One slightly annoying thing at the moment (4.23.1) is that every time I update an EUW, I have to close it and reopen it to get the changes, which gets a bit tedious (I'm 90% sure I didn't have to do this one or two versions before). I haven't checked 4.24 preview.
              Dev Blog
              Twitter: @TheRealSpoonDog
              150 FREE Blueprint functions for your project

Comment

Originally posted by Shadow.Storm View Post
                Hi folks! The two above posts are more generally about editor scripting, so it would probably be best to start threads just for them. This thread is more for how the widgets work. Thanks!
                You are right, I'll bump my post to a new thread. Thanks and sorry!

Comment

How to input materials into editor utility widget?

Comment

Is there any chance you could automatically discard EditorUtilityActors/Objects in the level when loading standalone?

If I make an EdUtilActor and place it in the level, it always generates a heap of log errors on load (even if I set Editor Only Actor = True). I'm guessing they go away on cook, but the problem is I place these around and the programmers get understandably antsy about leaving heaps of known log errors in the uncooked game.

This is an example of the errors generated by an Editor Only EdUtilActor with no code in it:

Code:
                    [2019.11.27-20.59.43:398][  0]LoadErrors: Warning: CreateExport: Failed to load Outer for resource 'DefaultSceneRoot': BlueprintGeneratedClass /Game/Blueprints/Test_EdUtilActor.Test_EdUtilActor_C
                    [2019.11.27-20.59.43:418][  0]LoadErrors: Warning: CreateExport: Failed to load Outer for resource 'UserConstructionScript': BlueprintGeneratedClass /Game/Blueprints/Test_EdUtilActor.Test_EdUtilActor_C
                    [2019.11.27-20.59.43:418][  0]LoadErrors: Warning: CreateExport: Failed to load Outer for resource 'EventGraph': EditorUtilityBlueprint /Game/Blueprints/Test_EdUtilActor.Test_EdUtilActor
                    [2019.11.27-20.59.43:419][  0]LoadErrors: Warning: CreateExport: Failed to load Outer for resource 'UserConstructionScript': EditorUtilityBlueprint /Game/Blueprints/Test_EdUtilActor.Test_EdUtilActor
                    [2019.11.27-20.59.43:419][  0]LoadErrors: Warning: CreateExport: Failed to load Outer for resource 'K2Node_CallFunction_0': EdGraph /Game/Blueprints/Test_EdUtilActor.Test_EdUtilActor:UserConstructionScript
                    [2019.11.27-20.59.43:420][  0]LoadErrors: Warning: CreateExport: Failed to load Outer for resource 'K2Node_Event_0': EdGraph /Game/Blueprints/Test_EdUtilActor.Test_EdUtilActor:EventGraph
                    [2019.11.27-20.59.43:420][  0]LoadErrors: Warning: CreateExport: Failed to load Outer for resource 'K2Node_Event_1': EdGraph /Game/Blueprints/Test_EdUtilActor.Test_EdUtilActor:EventGraph
                    [2019.11.27-20.59.43:421][  0]LoadErrors: Warning: CreateExport: Failed to load Outer for resource 'K2Node_Event_2': EdGraph /Game/Blueprints/Test_EdUtilActor.Test_EdUtilActor:EventGraph
                    [2019.11.27-20.59.43:421][  0]LoadErrors: Warning: CreateExport: Failed to load Outer for resource 'K2Node_FunctionEntry_0': EdGraph /Game/Blueprints/Test_EdUtilActor.Test_EdUtilActor:UserConstructionScript
                    [2019.11.27-20.59.43:422][  0]LoadErrors: Warning: CreateExport: Failed to load Outer for resource 'DefaultSceneRoot_GEN_VARIABLE': BlueprintGeneratedClass /Game/Blueprints/Test_EdUtilActor.Test_EdUtilActor_C
                    [2019.11.27-20.59.43:422][  0]LoadErrors: Warning: CreateExport: Failed to load Outer for resource 'SceneThumbnailInfo_0': EditorUtilityBlueprint /Game/Blueprints/Test_EdUtilActor.Test_EdUtilActor
                    [2019.11.27-20.59.43:423][  0]LoadErrors: Warning: CreateExport: Failed to load Outer for resource 'SimpleConstructionScript_0': BlueprintGeneratedClass /Game/Blueprints/Test_EdUtilActor.Test_EdUtilActor_C
                    [2019.11.27-20.59.43:423][  0]LoadErrors: Warning: CreateExport: Failed to load Outer for resource 'SCS_Node_0': SimpleConstructionScript /Game/Blueprints/Test_EdUtilActor.Test_EdUtilActor_C:SimpleConstructionScript_0
                    [2019.11.27-20.59.43:424][  0]LoadErrors: Warning: CreateExport: Failed to load Outer for resource 'DefaultSceneRoot': Test_EdUtilActor_C /Game/Maps/Test/ProcGen_Test.ProcGen_Test:PersistentLevel.Test_EdUtilActor_2
                    I have these ed util actors that hold information about procedurally generated stuff (and all the generation code), and they use editor scripting code to spawn actors. As a workaround I could make them non-ed-util actors that stay in the world, and use right-click actor action utils to do the scripting work, but there is a bunch of stuff that should happen automatically rather than be triggered manually. So it'd be nice if we could just keep these in the world and know that they get discarded in-game.
                    Dev Blog
                    Twitter: @TheRealSpoonDog
                    150 FREE Blueprint functions for your project

Comment

Working...
                    X