Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• started a topic Python scripting plugin doesn't work

Python scripting plugin doesn't work

I've been trying to enable the plugin as described in https://docs.unrealengine.com/en-US/...r-using-Python, but without success.

I enabled Python Editor Script Plugin and Editor Scripting Utilities in the plugins menu and restarted the editor, but it seems to have no effect. I don't get any new options in the File menu, the dropdown in the output log only shows the cmd option, and the py command does nothing.

The output log has the line "LogPluginManager: Mounting plugin PythonScriptPlugin", so apparently the plugin is being loaded. There are no error messages as far as I can tell.

I'm using UE 4.21 on macOS Sierra.

Can anybody help?

• replied
    Originally posted by Jamie Dale View Post
    Windows is currently the only supported platform for builds installed from the launcher, however a source build of a Mac editor (when you have Python installed in a location we can find) will work. We're currently aiming to have Python working out-of-the-box on Mac for 4.22.
    hmmm, tried rebuilding Unreal 4.21 from source and enabled the necessary plugins in the Editor, but still don't have the menu and python console showing up. I have Python 3.7 (python.org) and 2.7 (builtin) on my macOS Mojave.

In the Output Log, I see

Code:
    LogPluginManager: Mounting plugin PythonScriptPlugin

Should I turn on any flags when building Unreal?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    The issue i had was resolved.i was using Python 32 bit installable on a 64 bit PC. After making the change, it works fine now on windows. thanks.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Have same issue on Windows box. Intel NUC NUC8I7HVK Mini PC/HTPC, Intel Quad-Core i7-8809G Upto 4.2GHz, 8GB DDR4, 256GB M.2 SSD, AMD Radeon RX Vega M GH, 4k Support, Dual Monitor Capable, Wifi, Bluetooth, Windows 10 Pro 64Bit

Have enabled the plugins Python and Scripting required for python and restarted.
    But cannot see any python option in my output log other than cmd.
    It does work fine on another Windows box [with NVidia] 4.22 unreal, but this windows configuration does not work.
    In File menu, the python tab does not show up either.
    In the log the only mention is

"LogPluginManager: Mounting plugin PythonScriptPlugin"

Note*: Build from Source
    Last edited by avirads; 03-30-2019, 12:15 AM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Windows is currently the only supported platform for builds installed from the launcher, however a source build of a Mac editor (when you have Python installed in a location we can find) will work. We're currently aiming to have Python working out-of-the-box on Mac for 4.22.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I also have the same issue. I am also using unreal engine 4.21 in LInux Ubuntu. I too have enabled all the plugins required for python and restrated my python. But I cannot see any python option in my output log other than cmd. Can anybody please provide a solution

Leave a comment:

Working...
X