Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[Map] Jurassic Park insipired level — with robo raptors

Hey all,

For a while now I have been working on CTF-PaleoPark, a map for UT4 inspired by Jurassic Park.
    https://forums.unrealtournament.com/...working-title)

I ported it over to the Robo Recall mod editor, and pretty awesome!

Click image for larger version

Name:	1.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	304.7 KB
ID:	1216237

Name:	2.jpg
Size:	237.6 KB
ID:	1216238

Name:	3.jpg
Size:	274.2 KB
ID:	1216239

The map is still far from finished, but I'm sure it's gonna be great fun to make it.

Name:	raptor1.JPG
Size:	52.5 KB
ID:	1216240

I'm also working on a base mesh for a custom enemy, a robo raptor.
    Not sure how I'm going to hook it up, but I'm sure I'll figure it out

Any thoughts so far?

Don't forget the acid-spewing Crichtonodons. This looks awesome!

Comment

Thanks Vii
      If I do find some time, I might make the Dilophosaurus, but I think I'll have my hands with just one enemy - and maybe a boss, but that's going to be a surprise.

Name:	raptor3.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	34.8 KB
ID:	1126173

How are these legs? A simple bake with basic values, to try and match the robo recall style - for the final one I'll be using RR's master material.
      To save some time, I'm keeping the polycount a bit lower than what I can get away with. I'd rather spend more time on a coherent final project than little details.

Comment

[MENTION=8]Alexander Paschall[/MENTION], I want to make an enemy that behaves a lot like the Rocketeer biped character, but with a very different skinned mesh (the raptor). What is the best way to go about this? Just start from the Character blueprint and work from there? Would I be able to abuse the biped rig to fit my robo raptor?
        Last edited by ThomasKole; 04-10-2017, 08:28 AM.

Comment

You could easily start with the biped, but you'll need a way to compensate for the large forward-mounted head/torso. The AI would probably have them bonking their heads into everything, so you'll want to fix that.
          Twitch /unrealalexander| Twitter @UnrealAlexander
          How to report a bug? | Installation & Setup issues?
          Call me to a thread by posting this: [MENTION]Alexander Paschall[/MENTION]

Comment

Right now I'm just trying to start from an empty blueprints deriving from Odin BaseCharacter. Let's see what happens

Comment

This project looks amazing! I'm really looking forward to see how this develops. You have made some great progress and have a solid idea.

Comment

Now that I have a proper PC and a VR system, I can finally get to work.
                I started adding some basic game functionality to my level, to see how that works.
                Here's a video:
                https://twitter.com/Stabberthomas/st...45979099873280
                Last edited by ThomasKole; 05-28-2017, 05:08 AM.

Comment

This video is amazing. I like this concept and you made an excellent video. And continue the good work.Thanks for sharing.

Comment

This looks astounding!!! Can't wait for a release!

Comment

Working...
                    X