Capture User Input (For a Sign)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Hey! You are basically missing a widget for the input which requires to do some things differently with multiuse and also replicate the input string through the new net exec command functions. It would be quite a lot to explain so i made an example bp instead: https://github.com/Mezzow/ADKTutoria...dateTextRender
    I added some quick comments for now. Have a look at it and let me know if you have any questions.

Leave a comment:

• started a topic Capture User Input (For a Sign)

Capture User Input (For a Sign)

I want to add a text render component to a structure I have created, and I have the component itself showing and the multiuse array set to include the option to change it, but I can't figure out how to prompt the player for input to set the text render string. Here is what I have:

Click image for larger version

Name:	BoxesLabelGet.PNG
Views:	1
Size:	120.1 KB
ID:	1191157

..which is working as it should and...

Click image for larger version

Name:	BoxesLabelTry.PNG
Views:	1
Size:	98.5 KB
ID:	1191158

...which I cannot figure out what I need to link to the "Value" of "Set Text".

This is working correctly (in that when I put anything in the field to test it, it sets the text render to said input in-game), but I can't figure out how to capture a user's input for that field as they do with the signs.

Any ideas?
Working...
X