Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Constant high CPU usage in UE Editor with Ark Dev Kit v278

Hello,

I've been going through the forums to try and resolve this perplexing issue with my workstation that has the Ark Dev Kit installed.

When I'm idle at startup after Asset Discovery, my CPU stays loaded to around 50-60% and does not dip, even if I minimize the editor and focus elsewhere. It seems to eventually eat a ton of RAM, which I expect for UE4. Somewhere around 10GB used, which exceeds 16GB if I hit "play" on the default "GenericMod" level that's included with the kit.

I've turned down all graphics options in hopes this would help but it doesn't seem to.

The workstation this is running on is the following:

Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E3-1240 V2 @ 3.40GHz (4-core, HT enabled)
    32GB ECC DDR3 memory
    nVidia Quadro P1000 professional graphics card. (Pascal based, roughly equiv. to a GF 1050 Ti desktop card)
    512GB Samsung 850 Pro SSD
    Windows 10 1709 (Fall Creators Update) (64-bit)
    Display set to 1920x1080 (FHD)

It's an otherwise clean OS, only other apps installed are Visual Studio 2017 Pro, Firefox, and a few utilities. None of these are running at the same time as the Ark Kit.

This is a new install of the Dev Kit. I also did a "Verify" from the launcher to be sure nothing got corrupted.

I can't imagine that the Ark Dev Kit requires more than this level of hardware can provide. I'm not expecting lightning-fast cooking or performance, but this is basically unusable on workstation-class hardware.

Anyone with any tips or help? I'd really like to get into modding for this game and this is a full-stop blocker for me.

The contents of my "Output Log" during a typical startup:

Spoiler

Comment

Mine's been 40+ since late last year and 50+ lately
      My Mods

Draw Bridges and more!
      Advanced Turrets & Controllers
      Singleplayer rebalance
      Helper Dinos
      Elder Dinos

Comment

Mine runs about 40-55% and spikes to 70% when hitting play and loading it up.
        And yeah it eats ram, mine averages about 9g.

I dont have a workstation like you, but i have a 8core amd running at 4.2ghz, 24g of ram, and an r9 390 8g card.
        Dev kit is pretty intense, especially on the loading parts.

Dunno if that will help, but it does seem to be a pretty consistant cpu usage.

Comment

Working...
        X