Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Magic Storage Box (Linked Storage)

Hey All,

I wanted to share a mod I have been working on for the past month, my first one. I've already released it and you can read more about it here:

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfil...?id=1787324286

TL;DR: These are Storage Boxes that allow for instant teleportation of items anywhere in Ark. They are synchronized and multi-channel. I built this out of the desire to have such a mod available on my own server.

Thanks!

I like this. Any potential with developing a "player bank" that is restricted to only specific one player?

-Limited storage
    -Very small number allowed to be placed
    -Has to be destroyed to be viewed by another player

Or, if you go down that route, make the chest 1 per player and an item that cannot be removed from your inventory allows instant access to it. I think that would be incredibly interesting.
    • The default action for the box is setting it to Channel 1 therefore [E] does not access inventory, you must press [F] instead. Have you messed with MultiUse? I haven't modded in years, but I think you can override what E does?
    • Another player viewer a remote linked chest will see items replicate/duplicate until they close are reopen the box. This is a graphical issue only and duping cannot occur. Elaborate? Also, I think you can force a client refresh of an inventory when there's a server-side change, such as adding/removing something.
    I'd be infinitely interested in the personal bank.
    I will finish this mod.

Alchemy (A Full Blown Skill)

Comment

Hey, I saw your comment on my mod and came over here to see what you wrote.

Let me see if this idea sort of fits what your asking for. Like other MMOs where there is a chest in each town where all players can go up to it to see there personal stash? I could make another engram and call it stash and make it operate as I just mentioned.

Also, regarding multi-use, yeah, I modified the wheel by adding the additional channels but for whatever reason, I cannot figure out how to change the priority for the access inventory item. I sort of just deporitized it.

And on the graphical glitch, I have tried to do a force actor net update but that didn't seem to resolve the issue. I haven't spent all that much time trying to debug this one yet so I haven't exhausted my options yet.

Thanks for the feedback and suggestions

Comment

I would assume that you would just update the inventory the same way that a normal inventory works. Your mod should only 1 difference between any other storage box in the game - pressing "open" doesn't always open the same inventory.

I think the stash would be a cool way to have one person with a very personal loot system. A little more thought would have to go into it to prevent abuse, but it's still a neat idea.
        I will finish this mod.

Alchemy (A Full Blown Skill)

Comment

Working...
        X