No announcement yet.

Stack sizes - first mod attempt

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I wonder if I messed up the BP when I copied it.. maybe that is part of the issue I'm having... gonna test that.

Comment

I may be way off base here and Iv never tested it out myself but would creating a "child" from the original base resource help at all when it comes to using it as a resource requirement for crafting items (as long as the tags don't require exact resource item component)?

Comment

It's mandatory to use a Child for a stack mod, or other mods will not use them.

If you want people to use your mod, they have to still be able to use others. Otherwise just put a note on your mod that this mod does not Stack. (StackHack no Stack)

Comment

My new issue is, I cant get charcoals to stack in the campfire inventory.

Edit: After watching "Creating a new resource" tutorial, it gave me an idea.
          Last edited by simiyet; 05-09-2016, 01:54 PM.

Comment

Okay, I fixed most of my issue. I was changing MASTER ITEM LIST.... someone in the chat pointed it out, I needed to use the Remap Item.

NOW, if i could get stone to work correctly and still be used by slingshot. But it looks like slingshot is using exact link to stone only and won't read the remap.

Comment

There are not many tutorials out there but the few that I have seen all pretty much tell you what you should and shouldnt change in the genericmod. Never change any of the master lists, theres a section for each "type" that can be changed or added to (engrams, harvest components, npc, items, ects).
              If an item/weapon/resource calls for an item your remap wont effect the call it will just effect the item itself.... so if the slingshot is calling for a "stone" and you remapped "stone" to "mystone" its not going to remap the slingshots call to "mystone". I believe you can add your new stone to the slingshot as an ammo type (look at the arrow/tranq arrow for an example).
              Sorry if this message is a little hard to read...I just woke up...lol...

Comment

As already mentioned before first Idea would be:
                Make a Child Class of the original Stone Resource (not Copy).
                You can do that by drag the original PrimalItemResource_Stone to your Mod-Folder. This way you should get 3 Option (Copy, Move, Child Class). Use Child Class and you will see inside your Mod-Folder a new BP wich is named PrimalItemResource_Stone_Child. Modify and use this Child BP in your Remaps. Of course you can also rename this PrimalItemResource_Stone_Child to PrimalItemResource_Stone_YourModNameHere or whatever you want.

Second Idea:
                If for example the SlingShot or Campfire is using the the "exact resource class" (or something like that) for stone as an option, then try to enable the new option "Override Exact Class Crafting Requirement" inside your PrimalItemResource_Stone_YourModNameHere. However I'm not 100% sure if there is this option for resources because it was added for the Consumables (since v240.6) in the first place. And because this option is more ment for crafting then for using. I guess this would be more helpful for your not craftable campfire thing then for your slingshot problem.
                Last edited by McBane87; 05-11-2016, 08:47 AM.

Comment

I made my server a stack mod, all consumables and resources worked fine, no issues on SP, MP or server. Then I got a suggestion to add ammo stacking. I did everything same as I did before. Now everything works perfect on SP, MP but on server ammos dont stack and cant see bps in crafting stations, all other stacking stuff works fine. Cant figure out what went wrong.

Edit: Spawning the stacked items is working.

Ignore this please, I just had to recraft the crafting stations..
                  Last edited by simiyet; 05-15-2016, 08:50 AM.

Comment

[MENTION=429996]simiyet[/MENTION] keep that in mind going forward, any changes you make to recipes have a VERY high chance of not updating, they CAN but don't rely on it, pickup options are very useful to fix these problems.

Comment

Working...
                    X