This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey Guys,

i'm Not keen on international right of authors, but with german rights i am.

If your german and See a violation of your authors rights, just look for a lawyer and let hin work. Hamburg is always a good spot, the judges are known as very strikt with that violations.

Because of the internet is all over the world, the crime scene is it, too for a german judge. So it's possible for you to pick Hamburg

An author is s.o. starting to realize an idea. And with that starting ( hopefully with a Date anywhere to proof) a german get's several rights.
    1. You decide who May use it and how long
    2. You decide If s.b. May use ur work and change it. (scaling a picture or Photoshop it etc.)
    3. You decide if it can and how it will bei published.
    4. several other rights Not useful here in general.

So if you get to know s.o. using your content, ask a lawyer, try to figure out a similar license cost. (In general with photos etc. min. 200€) and let the lawyer write a nice little Letter. Even Steam can't get the copyright, Because in germany it's just possible to allow s.o. to "violate" your rights, but you will always bei the owner.

Comment

long post made short:

https://creativecommons.org/licenses.../4.0/legalcode

make sure you read and understand 100% of this, as, it doesnt protect you as much as stated in the original post. Section 8 is a good one.

"copyright holder"

You do not hold a copyright to your material unless you paid for one, and, no one that i have seen, has. So, your doing a lot of barking, and you have no "real" rights here. Be also mindful, that, if you pursue legal action, due to not holding a copyright on your material, you maybe counter-sued for all legal fees .... So in the long run, it may end-up biting you in the rear. Best practice, is, get a copyright if your that worried about it.
      Last edited by AP_Studios; 07-06-2016, 02:38 AM.
      Founder and CEO of Angry Penguin Studio, LLC
      Dallas, TX USA
      https://www.facebook.com/AngryPenguinStudios

Comment

Originally posted by Angrytoilet View Post
        long post made short:

https://creativecommons.org/licenses.../4.0/legalcode

make sure you read and understand 100% of this, as, it doesnt protect you as much as stated in the original post. Section 8 is a good one.

"copyright holder"

You do not hold a copyright to your material unless you paid for one, and, no one that i have seen, has. So, your doing a lot of barking, and you have no "real" rights here. Be also mindful, that, if you pursue legal action, due to not holding a copyright on your material, you maybe counter-sued for all legal fees .... So in the long run, it may end-up biting you in the rear. Best practice, is, get a copyright if your that worried about it.
        If there is no other copyright for such material, the creator is granted inherent copyright privileges. Yes its hard to go to court with inherent copyright, but that's all that is needed for a DMCA.

Comment

Nope nope and nope. Not new to Modding. Bethesda made this clear a long time ago. Creative Commons protects a mod author from nothing. The content you add to ARK is the sole property of WildCard because you are using their assets to produce said content and as such WildCard may have the rights to prosecute but you have none. **/me looks at self saying "good luck telling an content creator their work is not their property"** People charging access to their servers maybe a Wildcard violation but is not a concern of yours. Ooops did I Necro? Doesnt matter because I wont be looking for a reply just as long as the poor shlubs stopping bye from google get their facts right. The cold truth about modding is YOU OWN NOTHING. Merry Christmas and hope ur new year is better than the last.

Comment

Gladly as the author of the work you DO hold certain rights to the content. While these do not and cannot infringe on the copyright of the game it is created for, the author still retains full rights in every other respect - for example in the case of people monetizing the content. While some companies - including Bethesda and Valve - try funny business with special clauses in their ToS it is important to note that these are not legally binding if they violate copyright laws, and these clauses do (e.g. Valve makes the uploader agree that their only compensation is being allowed to upload content, and that does not hold up at all legally). Studio Wildcard have stated that server owners can hide ARK content behind server shops, however that naturally does not extend to content they hold no copyright to. Sponsored mods are a special case as Studio Wildcard purchased the full rights to these creations, so one can assume that they fall in the same category as base game content.

TLDR: Save yourself some trouble and add the license

Comment

Working...
            X