Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I feel as though the admin of the discord modding channel has it in for me. I block someone on their because gave me hate on something im working on and i'm the one who gets banned. I've made mistakes before yes and i have apologised for them. But nothing was done to the person who gave me hate yet im banned. Can i please be unbanned please all i want to do is get modding help with ADK it isn't much to ask for. Im trying not to cause drama and i don't want to cause drama but i'm not going to accept being provoked like that from people. So i did the best thing and block him so i don't see his messages. But then i get banned? and cannot rejoin. Can i please be unbanned

Comment

Originally posted by sirlordship View Post
      I feel as though the admin of the discord modding channel has it in for me. I block someone on their because gave me hate on something im working on and i'm the one who gets banned. I've made mistakes before yes and i have apologised for them. But nothing was done to the person who gave me hate yet im banned. Can i please be unbanned please all i want to do is get modding help with ADK it isn't much to ask for. Im trying not to cause drama and i don't want to cause drama but i'm not going to accept being provoked like that from people. So i did the best thing and block him so i don't see his messages. But then i get banned? and cannot rejoin. Can i please be unbanned
      see how much better it works, now that you don't take criticism so personal? No one here is trying to be mean, but the attitude you started with was not working for anyone. we are only trying to keep it a friendly, and professionalish place. we would do the same thing, banning another person, if they had acted the way you did, initially, towards you in those contexts. we really do appreciate that you have made an attempt to be apart of the community, and take the critiquing as suggestions, more than personal attacks. No one has it out for you here. I hope you have seen that the last few days in chat with us.

Comment

Originally posted by sirlordship View Post
        if u want join this dicord https://discord.gg/vkbXZQJ i dont ban ppl or block anyone i have no ranks everyone shares with everyone just let me know who u are ill set u as modder rank
        Last edited by spezz; 12-30-2016, 06:49 PM.
        My MODS: Ark Advance | Ark Steampunk Mod

Comment

Originally posted by spezz View Post
          if u want join this dicord https://discord.gg/XBwHj i dont ban ppl or block anyone i have no ranks everyone shares with everyone just let me know who u are ill set u as modder rank
          When you have 450 people in a discord, you don't really have a choice but to manage the users or it would be a nightmare.

Having said that, there is no rule in place that hasn't been put in place, that doesn't benefit the community as a whole. 450 other people can follow the simple rules just fine with no problem. Undermining the rules, is undermining the community as a whole, and we don't play around with that.

Only been 4 people out of 450 have been banned, for the almost full year we have had that discord, and for good reasons multiple people agreed upon.

It's just those pesky out liars that are selfish, or immature, that we have to deal with every once in a while...

Comment

Originally posted by jslay View Post
            When you have 450 people in a discord, you don't really have a choice but to manage the users or it would be a nightmare.

Having said that, there is no rule in place that hasn't been put in place, that doesn't benefit the community as a whole. 450 other people can follow the simple rules just fine with no problem. Undermining the rules, is undermining the community as a whole, and we don't play around with that.

Only been 4 people out of 450 have been banned, for the almost full year we have had that discord, and for good reasons multiple people agreed upon.

It's just those pesky out liars that are selfish, or immature, that we have to deal with every once in a while...
            i dont know why u quoted me to tell me that i was just offering a choice plus im pretty sure ur bias towards me and its the reason i was ban off there which someone sent me a screenshot saying u dont like me and thats why u ban me so with that said i decided to stay away from ur stuff and do my own thing which is what i have be doing... so please leave me out of ur drama thanks

Comment

Originally posted by spezz View Post
              i dont know why u quoted me to tell me that i was just offering a choice plus im pretty sure ur bias towards me and its the reason i was ban off there which someone sent me a screenshot saying u dont like me and thats why u ban me so with that said i decided to stay away from ur stuff and do my own thing which is what i have be doing... so please leave me out of ur drama thanks
              I don't like anyone I have to ban. When you do what you have tried to do to this community, of course I'm not going to like you. Along with the 20 others that were demanding it. Feel free to keep thinking I was the only one that wanted you out of there. I just happen to be the one that lays down the ban hammer when it is needed, cause it doesn't bother me one bit to do it. Make me out to be the bad guy, go for it, no problem. My work and ethics are what give me credibility, you know, what people call 'character'. That's what happens when you try to undermine the community for your personal gains.

I quoted you because that was in response to you. Only explaining what it's like having such a large group. People can't quote you now? Geez

Again, you took it personal, like everything, you assume someone is talking about you.

And this is why the forums are dead.... you added the drama just now. How are you not adding drama by posting in here with other discord links? Trying to fracture the community still, are we? I don't argue with you anymore, because logic is not something you seem to utilize.

Good day.
              Last edited by jslay; 12-23-2016, 12:08 PM.

Comment

I'm just posting this cause i was asked too i don't own it but for those interested there is another modding discord https://discord.gg/vkbXZQJ so the community has a Choice.

Comment

So in the discord place are the secrets actually unveiled?? These tutorials are just too basic or doing things that everyone does. How do you query the game world as a whole to provide some basic mud style whose functionalities and then ideally would like to evolve that to be a universal query engine. There is an astonishing lack of info for admins for a running game. Have any dino X spawned? Where? Level? Sex? Colors? Or how about- is my friend online? Where is he? Or how about right click unstuck! Bam. Most bestest admin savior evar. All datas need to be freed!

Okay so I'm kidding around a little. But thinking of doing a mod that gives admins something more than just "now I don't have to type the command".

Comment

Done! Just joined! Thanks

Comment

The main ark modding discord is temporarily locked down. We will post a new invite when we open it back up, due to spammers.

Comment

The Discord invite is not working anymore... I was in there getting help, I was dropped from the channel, and then when I click the Discord invite it says its Invalid or Expired.

Comment

Originally posted by UberSlackr View Post
                          The Discord invite is not working anymore... I was in there getting help, I was dropped from the channel, and then when I click the Discord invite it says its Invalid or Expired.
                          Check your PM's

Comment

Here is a new invite while waiting for ced to update the link in the main post.

We still have verification levels set to high, so it will be a 10m delay before you are allowed to chat.

https://discord.gg/VpzkQ6H

Comment

Just as an update on the Discord, we are now sitting at 728 members.

-WM
                              Workshop: My Workshop
                              ARK Modding Discord Admin: Join here!

Comment

Don't join this discord. If you want to join a proper discord that won't ban you for no reason then feel free to join this discord and get all the help and support from a NICE and FRIENDLY staff team

https://discord.gg/pbuNEpe

I had quit modding due to health reasons and being in hospital alot. I came back like well over a year later and started up back modding only to find the admins of the modding discord server had banned me. and won't lift it. It's absolutely BS. But i own Modding World discord we have youtubers in here and alot of friendly staff to give anyone the help they need with ark modding. Please join and see for yourself the great community we have built here. We won't ban you for pointless reasons. We won't tell you off for posting emotes. Our only rule is maturity and common sense. We treat you like adults so we want to be treated the same back.

Please join and see for yourself. You will enjoy Modding World and you will be able to get the help you need

Comment

Working...
                                X