Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Primitive+ Source Files

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Primitive+ Source Files

    Hey all!

    Want to know how Primitive+ was made? You can sync the repo using svn. There are still some things I need to get set up and cleaned up before it's completely error free. Keep in ,mind, since Primitive+ is a Total Conversion, this doesn't include native ARK content (and there's a ton), at the moment. Looking into a few alternatives for this. If you have any questions, please let me know. I will continue to keep this up to date as I add on to Primitive+. Oh, and feel free to correct my mistakes for me

    This repo is anonymous so no authentication is needed. At the moment it's ~3GB. Some of the textures will be re-done to save space in the future.

    Important Notice!
    You do not have the rights to use these models/textures/art commercially nor redistribute any models or textures contained within.

    svn://52.89.15.44
    Last edited by ComplexMinded; 03-08-2016, 12:58 AM.
    Wildcard Mod Liaison | Creator of Primitive+ Survival

  • #2
    Nice! ill check it out sometime

    Comment


    • #3
      Thanks Man

      Comment


      • #4
        That is awesome!

        But i don't think you know what open source means Perhaps change it to "learning example" or something

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by tamaster92 View Post
          That is awesome!

          But i don't think you know what open source means Perhaps change it to "learning example" or something
          Valid point. Thanks!
          Wildcard Mod Liaison | Creator of Primitive+ Survival

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by tamaster92 View Post
            That is awesome!

            But i don't think you know what open source means Perhaps change it to "learning example" or something
            Actually it is perfectly reasonable to call something open source and still have certain licensing restrictions around the project. Just because you can see and access the code, it doesn't give you the automatic right to use it. I would suggest adding an appropriate license to the project, perhaps a Creative Commons license will meet your requirements https://creativecommons.org/licenses/.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by matt_d_rat View Post
              Actually it is perfectly reasonable to call something open source and still have certain licensing restrictions around the project. Just because you can see and access the code, it doesn't give you the automatic right to use it. I would suggest adding an appropriate license to the project, perhaps a Creative Commons license will meet your requirements https://creativecommons.org/licenses/.
              Great idea, thanks!
              Wildcard Mod Liaison | Creator of Primitive+ Survival

              Comment


              • #8
                So can you please explain to me how to use svn? I've never used it before but I'd really like to try and make some mods specifically to stack with Primitive Plus for my own server.

                Comment


                • #9
                  you can use TortoiseSVN, but the ip address is not working for me ...

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by ivy3four View Post
                    you can use TortoiseSVN, but the ip address is not working for me ...
                    I will double-check this. It should be back up by the start of next week if not. Thank you for letting me know!!
                    Wildcard Mod Liaison | Creator of Primitive+ Survival

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Would have loved to check this out too....seems to be offline though.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Is there some way to get the current / new address?
                        I would love to check out the files to get a feeling for how blueprint modifications work in large projects!

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          SVN is still down.
                          http://arkforum.de - Germany's biggest ARK Forum

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            SVN is still down :-( are you going to update the link or has this repo been withdrawn now its going to DLC ?

                            Unable to connect to a repository at URL 'svn://52.89.15.44'
                            Last edited by EGCsparrow; 07-03-2016, 03:20 AM.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              [MENTION=84636]ComplexMinded[/MENTION] the SVN server still seems to be down, does anyone have a mirror for these files? I'd love to use this as an example for a total conversion I'd like to start.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X