Recording gameplay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Recording gameplay

Hi, does anyone know of a way to record gameplay while playing in-game and save it to a file? I don't want to use external programs, I want the player to be able to press a button and start recording whatever is on the screen. Anyone know of a way to do this? Thanks !

Do you mean like video? Or do you mean like spectator replays like how "Dead or Alive", and "Halo" do it (where you can change playback speed and move the camera).

I don't know either way, but I just want to make sure your question is clear (which will help everyone out)

Comment

Windows 10 has Xbox DVR built into it
      My MODS: Ark Advance | Ark Steampunk Mod

Comment

Originally posted by spezz View Post
        Windows 10 has Xbox DVR built into it
        I really don't think that this is what they are looking for.
        Marketplace Assets

Advanced Mobile Input: Marketplace Page | Support Thread ――― Easy Input Remapping: Marketplace Page | Support Thread
        Multiplayer Blueprint Chat System: Marketplace Page | Support Thread ――― Closing Credits System: Marketplace Page | Support Thread
        Minesweeper Template: Marketplace Page | Support Thread ――― Maze Creator: Marketplace Page | Support Thread

Comment

The only way I've heard of is by using Matinees but that's beyond my knowledge(I'm not well versed in Vanilla UE4), but even then I don't know if we/mods have the ability to write arbitrary files.

The only access outside of the game thus far that is known at least to myself is reading things from the GameUserSettings.ini file for mod customisation.

-WM
          Workshop: My Workshop
          ARK Modding Discord Admin: Join here!

Comment

Originally posted by Aumaan Anubis View Post
            Do you mean like video? Or do you mean like spectator replays like how "Dead or Alive", and "Halo" do it (where you can change playback speed and move the camera).

I don't know either way, but I just want to make sure your question is clear (which will help everyone out)

Yeah I mean like videos.

Originally posted by WoefulMacabre View Post
            The only way I've heard of is by using Matinees but that's beyond my knowledge(I'm not well versed in Vanilla UE4), but even then I don't know if we/mods have the ability to write arbitrary files.

The only access outside of the game thus far that is known at least to myself is reading things from the GameUserSettings.ini file for mod customisation.

-WM
            Oh I see. Yeah I was thinking that writing arbitrary files might be a problem.

Comment

Anyone have any ideas?

Comment

Working...
              X