Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

is there also a video tutorial for total conversions, please?

Comment

some mod to change the difficulty of the server?

Comment

So... I've watched wookie's tutorials and am wondering... How do we script our own stuff? He has showed us how to copy and alter the blueprint, but how do you make something that has no default function in ark. Example: the stargates. There is nothing in ark that tps the player so how would u script that

Comment

Nothing? There's SetActorLocation and a specific Teleport node.

Comment

Originally posted by n123q45 View Post
            So... I've watched wookie's tutorials and am wondering... How do we script our own stuff? He has showed us how to copy and alter the blueprint, but how do you make something that has no default function in ark. Example: the stargates. There is nothing in ark that tps the player so how would u script that
            How about beds? The obelisks which teleport you to the boss arenas?

Every mod in ark is made of functions already built in, they are just used in a much much smarter way to make it look like it's something totally new.
            Till they release access to the core game logic and make it possible that we write some c++ code on our own, you will be restricted on reusing whatever is already available, at least that's what i think/discovered till now.

Comment

didnt think of that

Comment

Hey all, I am trying to create a "simple" NPC character, I tried the long route at first to use all blueprints human but after many cooks and fails I decided a new approach. So now I'm trying to simply change the skeleton, skeletal mesh and Animation BP's of an already existing Dino. In this case I'm trying to use the Bigfoot character. So basically what I did was I took all the BP's needed to spawn Bigfoot and once it was a success I tried to just change the skeletal mesh and Animation BP's to human and what happens when I play it in editor is they spawn in, they have the human mesh and they move around but their body parts don't move. I've tried changing the animation BP's around but still no progress. If anyone has any knowledge on this, or feels like tinkering with it and if you find anything I would be greatly appreciative.

Thanks in advance,
                Kingslayer

Comment

Question, Think you can make a Tutorial on how to make Vehicles? Land/Flying base?

Comment

Hey KINGSLAYER, have you checked that the skeleton for your mesh and the skeleton for the Bigfoot are the same. I know that, in the standard unreal editor, you have to make sure that your skeleton is the same, or, else you have to either: 1. create all new animations and anim blueprints, or 2. retarget all of the existing animations to your new skeleton. i'm kind of new to this myself, but as far as I can tell, this sounds like a skeleton/animation problem, not anything to do with the anim blueprint itself.
                    Hope this helps, and happy modding.

Comment

Would like a tutorial on properly setting up the placement of structures settings. Having issues with items not lining up quite right and being offset from corners or from the foundation.

Comment

Wookie. would you do a slow and steady tutorial tutorial and using the blueprint programming interface? I find there are a lack of tutorials for it.
                        Thank you

Comment

Can someone point me to a decent tutorial/documentation on the scripting language please?

Comment

Originally posted by fjb View Post
                            Can someone point me to a decent tutorial/documentation on the scripting language please?
                            https://docs.unrealengine.com/latest...ne/Blueprints/
                            DinoOverhaul X CLICK HERE

Comment

Are there any tutorials on how to add various sized to a structure? An example would be the war map... what i want to do is make it so you can walk up, press E and have 1-5 preset sizes to choose from to make the map larger or smaller 1 being smallest and 5 being largest size). Im very very new to this. I can edit the size of the map and create a new modded version of it with the larger size but im not sure what to do from there to get the new map to have the varying sizes in the E menu.. Thanks for any help.

Comment

Any chance we could see a tutorial on getting the starting basics of an actual Ark sized map setup? Such as getting your terrain grid so you have a landscape the same size as The Island. I've seen youtuber Brick Whut's basic terrain setup video and it's good but curious if we could see something a little more in depth/true to what an Ark dev/map maker like Evilmrfrank would use as a starting point.

Thanks!!
                                Last edited by Flat1ine; 10-18-2016, 04:55 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X