Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not quite sure I know exactly what you mean spezz, and no problem yazoo feel free to leave me a like on the vids to support my channel!

Comment

Originally posted by thewookie91 View Post
      Not quite sure I know exactly what you mean spezz, and no problem yazoo feel free to leave me a like on the vids to support my channel!
      like u know how the feeding trough is when its empty it show a empty static mesh and when u add inventory it shows a different mesh? well like that
      My MODS: Ark Advance | Ark Steampunk Mod

Comment

Originally posted by spezz View Post
        like u know how the feeding trough is when its empty it show a empty static mesh and when u add inventory it shows a different mesh? well like that
        I would imagine that works similar to the weapon attachments where each "version" has it's own mesh. Say you have the assault rifle "WeapRifle" (mesh) in your inventory then you drag the silencer to it, it replaces the "WeapRifle" (mesh) with "WeapRifle_Silenced" (mesh) or something along those lines. Hope that helps.

My Mods | P0k3r's Workshop

Comment

Originally posted by P0k3r View Post
          I would imagine that works similar to the weapon attachments where each "version" has it's own mesh. Say you have the assault rifle "WeapRifle" (mesh) in your inventory then you drag the silencer to it, it replaces the "WeapRifle" (mesh) with "WeapRifle_Silenced" (mesh) or something along those lines. Hope that helps.
          yeah its something like that i have figured out how to change meshs as i get close to an object doors open as u move away door close
          My MODS: Ark Advance | Ark Steampunk Mod

Comment

Ill look into it Spezz, I think I can do it.

Comment

Just added the uploading mods to steam video!

Comment

I really like the idea of the opening and closing doors in a distance. it would be really neat to have automatic doors.
                But I was wondering if you could do a video on how to add a new/change a structure. Like making an item like the fridge, but changing the values to make spoil time a lot longer, and also remove those pesky, horrible-looking, wires.

Comment

Those seem like a few different concepts id have to separate out, but I do have a campfire structure placed.

Comment

Hey thewookie91, I do appreciate the videos you have already put up. I've never modded before in my life and was trying to find something to help me get started. Your videos were very nice and informative and I was able to follow along easy enough. If I can follow along, anyone can lol.

As for suggestions on what videos you should make next, I'd like to see one for cooking. (This may not really be possible) I'm wanting to make different kind of foods that when eaten provide the player with some sort of temporary buff. I think the food system in game right now is somewhat bland and I'd really like to expand on that if possible.

Whatever you decide to make next, I'll be watching either way.

Thanks again!
                    Touri

Comment

I appreciate that Touri, sorry for the late response. I can still make the foods tutorial if you need it!

Comment

Hi,
                        I really like your tutorials and I hope you will do more of them. Maybe for things that also requires the smithy or something.

I'm facing a problem though. I've followed your tutorials and they work perfectly in the editor. I can cook it, upload it, download it and enable it in my singleplayer game. However, the engrams doesn't appear in the game and if I hit ESC it doesn't tell me that the mod is enabled. Is their maybe any options that I have missed?

Cheers!

*Note* I managed to solve it. I "reparent" the primalgamedata and testgamemode to the original. Apperently it doesn't work if you just copy them from the "genericmod" folder. Feels like the reference isn't working correctly.
                        Last edited by pappabjoern; 02-22-2016, 02:49 PM. Reason: found the problem

Comment

wait....so I should use Wookie's way of setting up and not this one?
                          https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-0mptinaWIo
                          Go Rogue or Go Home

Get the Rogue Records America Mobile App
                          iPhone – http://goo.gl/Q2YhTS
                          Android – http://goo.gl/NB18oV
                          Windows Phones – http://goo.gl/dkIEHv

ARK - TERRAPIN: Coming one fine day
                          Find Rogue on Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/RogueRecordsAmerica/

Comment

I've tried and follow different tutorials without success until I found "wookie" tutorials. So follow his and you will be good

Comment

Well, my way sets you up to make mods more than a just a map (though you still could if you followed my way, ill be doing that soon). But his way may be perfectly valid. Also if you have any requests let me know!

Comment

Hey guys, started a new thread for making maps!

Comment

Working...
                                X