This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Killerzwerg View Post
    but not 800k shaders, normally there are 25-50k shaders to compile for my map...
    Hey Killerzwerg, can you upload the source content for your map and send the link to that to ComplexMinded? We'll use that to reproduce the shader compilation issue.

Thanks very much,
    Jeremy

Comment

1. Make sure you check your email and Verify your GitHub account.

2. Go to the following link and add your Github name to enable access the content and not get the 404 error.
      https://www.unrealengine.com/dashboard/settings

Comment

When will v245 be posted to the epic games launcher? Thanks

Comment

StudioWildcard, i've uploaded mine as well if it's helping and sent the link to ComplexMinded, via PM.

Comment

Originally posted by xXxKilljoyxXx View Post
            1. Make sure you check your email and Verify your GitHub account.

2. Go to the following link and add your Github name to enable access the content and not get the 404 error.
            https://www.unrealengine.com/dashboard/settings
            Thanks for reply, but this is also already done. :-( Any other ideas??

Is there a point to only allowing the privileged Github community to have access to the updated Dev Kit for so long ?? What about the rest of the modding community ?? Am I the only modder that doesn't pay for Github ??
            Last edited by Captain Reefer; 08-11-2016, 12:29 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Captain Reefer View Post
              Thanks for reply, but this is also already done. :-( Any other ideas??

Is there a point to only allowing the privileged Github community to have access to the updated Dev Kit for so long ?? What about the rest of the modding community ?? Am I the only modder that doesn't pay for Github ??
              the devkit on github is a beta they always first release it there to tweak out the bugs then once its clean they push it out to the epic launcher its why its always on github first
              My MODS: Ark Advance | Ark Steampunk Mod

Comment

Originally posted by Captain Reefer View Post
                What are you talking about? Why would we pay for GitHub to download the binaries?

It's a simple process of creating an Epic Games account, creating and linking a GitHub account to it, then you receive an invite to the Unreal Engine/Epic repository, which in turn gives you access to the ARK Dev Kit branch.

-WM
                Workshop: My Workshop
                ARK Modding Discord Admin: Join here!

Comment

Mods will now also automatically cook any NEW assets which they reference, regardless of whether the assets are located in the Mod directory. Note that this only works assets that you ADD to the SotF Dev Kit, not any assets which are already there by default.
                  I have to say, this is going to completely break my mod and any mod that references items from other mods. I add any missing Blueprints that are needed for the workstations that you guys have not added to the Dev Kit yet, before the update this was working, now I have to remove these Blueprints?!? What would be the point in this anyway?

Also, I don't yet know if this is the reason behind it, but I am crashing with the new update, even when I try to open PrimalGameData.

By the way, don't get me wrong, I think it's amazing that we have access to these tools, I'm just wondering where the logic is behind something like this?

Comment

Originally posted by Kraig Larner View Post
                    I have to say, this is going to completely break my mod and any mod that references items from other mods. I add any missing Blueprints that are needed for the workstations that you guys have not added to the Dev Kit yet, before the update this was working, now I have to remove these Blueprints?!? What would be the point in this anyway?

Also, I don't yet know if this is the reason behind it, but I am crashing with the new update, even when I try to open PrimalGameData.

By the way, don't get me wrong, I think it's amazing that we have access to these tools, I'm just wondering where the logic is behind something like this?
                    We talked about this exact problem with the new feature yesterday in the discord chat. For actor based blueprints there is a "Do not cook" flag(i didn't test if it really does prevent cooking though), but for example on PrimalItems or Engrams that setting does not exists.
                    I would suggest giving us two options in the cooking window, one for the old and one for the new cooking variant.
                    ARKModding.net Wiki --- ARKModding.net: Resource Collection, BP Snippets --- ADK Tutorial/Example Blueprint Collection on github --- Tutorial: Adding custom MultiUse(Radial) menu entry/action --- My Steam Workshop

Comment

Be sure to have used both the content diff and the binaries from GitHub when updating manually.

-WM

Comment

Originally posted by WoefulMacabre View Post
                        Be sure to have used both the content diff and the binaries from GitHub when updating manually.
                        What exactly do you mean by "the content diff"?

Comment

What exactly do you mean by "the content diff"?
                          You need to download two files for updating the the devkit manually: the github repo(binaries) and the content diff zip(content) from google drive linked in the initial post. Extract both over your devkit install(make sure the paths match so it overwrites the existing files).
                          ARKModding.net Wiki --- ARKModding.net: Resource Collection, BP Snippets --- ADK Tutorial/Example Blueprint Collection on github --- Tutorial: Adding custom MultiUse(Radial) menu entry/action --- My Steam Workshop

Comment

Thanks guys, I usually just go to github, didn't come to this page until I wanted to see why it wouldn't work and missed that!

Comment

Github does not work for me, although I am registered.
                              Or you have to unlock somewhere?

Comment

Originally posted by RG_Puma View Post
                                Github does not work for me, although I am registered.
                                Or you have to unlock somewhere?
                                Read the last page. I already explained it.

-WM

Comment

Working...
                                X