Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok so using the Epic games launcher to get the dev kit. How do I go about updating the dev kit.
    Edit Its showing ver 224.5 as of 12/27/15.
    Last edited by Spuave; 12-27-2015, 10:27 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Spuave View Post
      Ok so using the Epic games launcher to get the dev kit. How do I go about updating the dev kit.
      Edit Its showing ver 224.5 as of 12/27/15.
      The Launcher will tell you when an update is available.

The DevKit will not update through the launcher to v228.2 until the content is released(as stated they're waiting for the event to finish). Manually updating to 228.2 to get the Map Extension mod ability can be done through the GitHub mentioned in the original post.

-WM
      Workshop: My Workshop
      ARK Modding Discord Admin: Join here!

Comment

Any chance

Click image for larger version

Name:	test.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	45.9 KB
ID:	1097657
        Will be editable soon?

No matter where I put the script it always says the variable "for set" is out of scope
        Last edited by Davetiger; 12-28-2015, 01:13 PM.

Comment

Thank you much. Sorry I did not see that. So the launcher will do all the updating and I just need to chillax and enjoy the fun haha.
          Thank you again

Comment

Originally posted by Spuave View Post
            Thank you much. Sorry I did not see that. So the launcher will do all the updating and I just need to chillax and enjoy the fun haha.
            Thank you again
            It won't automatically update, it will just tell you there's one available when it's been pushed out by EPIC.

-WM
            Workshop: My Workshop
            ARK Modding Discord Admin: Join here!

Comment

Originally posted by WoefulMacabre View Post
              It won't automatically update, it will just tell you there's one available when it's been pushed out by EPIC.

-WM
              so u will have to verify files for it to download once its up?? cause i wanted the files off Gethub but im not sure how to even download those myself
              My MODS: Ark Advance | Ark Steampunk Mod

Comment

Originally posted by M1k3_C View Post
                With that being said how do we also override an existing sublevel???
                Open up "TheIslandSubmaps\TheIsland" and open the "Levels" Window, select "Create New..." then Save your new Level within TheIslandSubMap's folder. To set its layers, Right-click on the new Level within the Levels Window, and choose Layer->Uncategorized, and save it.

Comment

Originally posted by Davetiger View Post
                  Any chance

[ATTACH=CONFIG]71717[/ATTACH]
                  Will be editable soon?

No matter where I put the script it always says the variable "for set" is out of scope
                  Sadly that data is stored at a class level, not saved at an object-instance level, and as such can not effectively be modified

Comment

Hey, just updated the GitHub devkit binaries. Will get them updated into the Epic Launcher soon. Here are the source files for the Pandora Isles ( http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile.../?id=584076324 )"Map Extension", by the way, which shows you the file structure (the map goes in Maps\TheIslandSubmaps, while any custom assets go into your Mods\ModName folder):

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B0d...ew?usp=sharing

Note that you can now include a PrimalGameData in your Map Extension "mod" just by having any "PrimalGameData" asset in your Mod's subfolder. That includes if you want to use a custom PrimalGameData in your map extension. And remember, any custom assets referenced by your Map Extension must be in the Mods\ModName subfolder that you will be cooking your Map Extension with. A Map Extension can not reference assets used by other, separate mods!

Cheers and have fun!!!! So close to next Mod Contest announcement now

-Drake

Comment

will test now.

Texas Twister... maybe?
                      Last edited by jslay; 12-30-2015, 05:26 AM.

Comment

seems to be good for mods. just cooked and pushed 2 of them.

Comment

i dunno if its me or just im doing something wrong but i can't seem to see the file on GitHub when i click https://github.com/StudioWildcard1/Ark-Dev-Kit all i get is a 404 error maybe someone can direct me to the correct spot

Comment

you be logged into your GitHub account + have it linked.
                            Mods: NPC Bush Peoples V6

Comment

Originally posted by Samson F. View Post
                              you be logged into your GitHub account + have it linked.
                              i do have a github account but when i goto the arkdevkit link it says 404 error

Comment

Any limitations for stacking spawn entries? Seems none of my NPC's want to spawn by themselves even tho entries are being cooked, and in game I'm able to spawn via console commands.

Should I still use primal game data remap?
                                Last edited by npcSwords; 12-30-2015, 11:32 PM.
                                Mods: NPC Bush Peoples V6

Comment

Working...
                                X