Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok that's up on GitHub, v242.8, if anyone can please verify the Cooking seems fixed with that -- then we'll get it on the Epic Launcher tomorrow

Comment

Originally posted by StudioWildcard View Post
      Ok that's up on GitHub, v242.8, if anyone can please verify the Cooking seems fixed with that -- then we'll get it on the Epic Launcher tomorrow
      i will be testing it here in a few mins and let u know
      My MODS: Ark Advance | Ark Steampunk Mod

Comment

ok the engrams are now cooking with Map ext again WOOT!

Comment

So this was the first time i had to update the kit and when i hit update it told me i needed 87gb of free space and i had 38. I had to uninstall the kit then install again to download the 87gb that was actually only 68.4 when it started to download. What am i missing here? Why wouldnt it just update the needed files only?

Comment

Originally posted by Twistedpixels View Post
            So this was the first time i had to update the kit and when i hit update it told me i needed 87gb of free space and i had 38. I had to uninstall the kit then install again to download the 87gb that was actually only 68.4 when it started to download. What am i missing here? Why wouldnt it just update the needed files only?
            the epic launcher does that nothing they can do to fix it it will just get larger

Comment

Is the GitHub link for 242.8 working for anyone else? All I get is 404 not found error

Comment

Mine is still crashing. I tried verifying and re-extracting the github data. And I still get this, but it doesn't happen as fast now.

LowLevelFatalError [File:E:\SVN_Ark\Engine\Source\Runtime\Engine\Private\Materials\MaterialShared.cpp] [Line: 1488]
                Failed to find shader map for default material WorldGridMaterial! Please make sure cooking was successful.

VERSION: 242.8
                KERNELBASE.dll!UnknownFunction (0x00007ff982ce1f28) + 0 bytes [UnknownFile:0]
                ShooterGame.exe!FError::LowLevelFatal() (0x00007ff77e39cf46) + 0 bytes [e:\svn_ark\engine\source\runtime\core\private\misc\outputdevice.cpp:354]
                ShooterGame.exe!FMaterial::CacheShaders() (0x00007ff77efcfcf2) + 59 bytes [e:\svn_ark\engine\source\runtime\engine\private\materials\materialshared.cpp:1488]
                ShooterGame.exe!UMaterialInstance::CacheShadersForResources() (0x00007ff77efc0915) + 0 bytes [e:\svn_ark\engine\source\runtime\engine\private\materials\materialinstance.cpp:1569]
                ShooterGame.exe!UMaterialInstance::CacheResourceShadersForRendering() (0x00007ff77efc011e) + 16 bytes [e:\svn_ark\engine\source\runtime\engine\private\materials\materialinstance.cpp:1438]
                ShooterGame.exe!UMaterialInstance::PostLoad() (0x00007ff77efc20e2) + 0 bytes [e:\svn_ark\engine\source\runtime\engine\private\materials\materialinstance.cpp:1913]
                ShooterGame.exe!FAsyncPackage::PostLoadObjects() (0x00007ff77e40fa69) + 8 bytes [e:\svn_ark\engine\source\runtime\coreuobject\private\serialization\asyncloading.cpp:1145]
                ShooterGame.exe!FAsyncPackage::Tick() (0x00007ff77e40dd10) + 8 bytes [e:\svn_ark\engine\source\runtime\coreuobject\private\serialization\asyncloading.cpp:309]
                ShooterGame.exe!ProcessAsyncLoading() (0x00007ff77e410a38) + 24 bytes [e:\svn_ark\engine\source\runtime\coreuobject\private\serialization\asyncloading.cpp:1563]
                ShooterGame.exe!UShooterEngine::LoadGameMods() (0x00007ff77de35831) + 0 bytes [e:\svn_ark\projects\shootergame\source\shootergame\private\shooterengine.cpp:745]
                ShooterGame.exe!UEngine::LoadMap() (0x00007ff77ee082ab) + 23 bytes [e:\svn_ark\engine\source\runtime\engine\private\unrealengine.cpp:8976]
                ShooterGame.exe!UEngine::Browse() (0x00007ff77ee04d82) + 38 bytes [e:\svn_ark\engine\source\runtime\engine\private\unrealengine.cpp:8262]
                ShooterGame.exe!UEngine::TickWorldTravel() (0x00007ff77ee05a30) + 65 bytes [e:\svn_ark\engine\source\runtime\engine\private\unrealengine.cpp:8434]
                ShooterGame.exe!UGameEngine::Tick() (0x00007ff77eb6bd4f) + 0 bytes [e:\svn_ark\engine\source\runtime\engine\private\gameengine.cpp:930]
                ShooterGame.exe!FEngineLoop::Tick() (0x00007ff77dbbaf19) + 0 bytes [e:\svn_ark\engine\source\runtime\launch\private\launchengineloop.cpp:2344]
                ShooterGame.exe!GuardedMain() (0x00007ff77dbb554c) + 0 bytes [e:\svn_ark\engine\source\runtime\launch\private\launch.cpp:140]
                ShooterGame.exe!GuardedMainWrapper() (0x00007ff77dbbc3fa) + 5 bytes [e:\svn_ark\engine\source\runtime\launch\private\windows\launchwindows.cpp:125]
                ShooterGame.exe!WinMain() (0x00007ff77dbbc528) + 8 bytes [e:\svn_ark\engine\source\runtime\launch\private\windows\launchwindows.cpp:209]
                ShooterGame.exe!__tmainCRTStartup() (0x00007ff77fce36f1) + 21 bytes [f:\dd\vctools\crt\crtw32\dllstuff\crtexe.c:618]
                KERNEL32.DLL!UnknownFunction (0x00007ff984aa8102) + 0 bytes [UnknownFile:0]
                ntdll.dll!UnknownFunction (0x00007ff9865ac5b4) + 0 bytes [UnknownFile:0]
                ntdll.dll!UnknownFunction (0x00007ff9865ac5b4) + 0 bytes [UnknownFile:0]
                My Mods

Draw Bridges and more!
                Advanced Turrets & Controllers
                Singleplayer rebalance
                Helper Dinos
                Elder Dinos

Comment

Hey I'm looking into this now. Can you PM me a link to your Mod uasset files/directory zipped up? Will use that to reproduce the problem and will get it fixed ASAP!!!!

Thanks very much,
                  Jeremy Stieglitz
                  Thanks, but i've found that my level file didn't point to my primalgamedata file. I'm unsure how it happened because I haven't been in the level file for months and I haven't replaced my primalgamedata file either. I appreciate the help tho!

Comment

Originally posted by Dajnet View Post
                    Is the GitHub link for 242.8 working for anyone else? All I get is 404 not found error
                    The Git is private, you need to be invited to join the UnrealEngine Git from which ARK's is branched/made private - that or signed in if you've already been added.

There's a video or something floating about on youtube somewhere...

-WM
                    Workshop: My Workshop
                    ARK Modding Discord Admin: Join here!

Comment

Hi,

My server has been down for +-24hrs now ( since update to v242.8 )
                      The hosting company says our savegame file somehow got corrupted.
                      I looked into the server FTP and found this is causing the server to crash:

Fatal error!

VERSION: 242.8
                      ShooterGameServer.exe!UPrimalItem::CalcRecipeStats() (0x00007ff78a259677) + 46 bytes [e:\svn_ark\projects\shootergame\source\shootergame\private\primalitem.cpp:4074]
                      ShooterGameServer.exe!UPrimalItem::InitializeItem() (0x00007ff78a24a2cf) + 0 bytes [e:\svn_ark\projects\shootergame\source\shootergame\private\primalitem.cpp:2433]
                      ShooterGameServer.exe!UPrimalItem::Serialize() (0x00007ff78a258bdd) + 0 bytes [e:\svn_ark\projects\shootergame\source\shootergame\private\primalitem.cpp:3941]
                      ShooterGameServer.exe!WorldSerializedObject::SerializeObjectData() (0x00007ff78a8fe322) + 0 bytes [e:\svn_ark\engine\source\runtime\coreuobject\private\uobject\worldserializedobject.cpp:254]
                      ShooterGameServer.exe!UWorld::LoadFromFile() (0x00007ff78b00e7e7) + 0 bytes [e:\svn_ark\engine\source\runtime\engine\private\world.cpp:5991]
                      ShooterGameServer.exe!AShooterGameMode::LoadWorld() (0x00007ff78a35795e) + 688 bytes [e:\svn_ark\projects\shootergame\source\shootergame\private\shootergamemode.cpp:881]
                      ShooterGameServer.exe!AShooterGameMode::InitGame() (0x00007ff78a3506a6) + 0 bytes [e:\svn_ark\projects\shootergame\source\shootergame\private\shootergamemode.cpp:489]
                      ShooterGameServer.exe!UWorld::InitializeActorsForPlay() (0x00007ff78b00607f) + 42 bytes [e:\svn_ark\engine\source\runtime\engine\private\world.cpp:3051]
                      ShooterGameServer.exe!UEngine::LoadMap() (0x00007ff78afe2151) + 0 bytes [e:\svn_ark\engine\source\runtime\engine\private\unrealengine.cpp:9483]
                      ShooterGameServer.exe!UEngine::Browse() (0x00007ff78afddc6d) + 41 bytes [e:\svn_ark\engine\source\runtime\engine\private\unrealengine.cpp:8262]
                      ShooterGameServer.exe!UShooterGameInstance::StartGameInstance() (0x00007ff78a3442ea) + 0 bytes [e:\svn_ark\projects\shootergame\source\shootergame\private\shootergameinstance.cpp:251]
                      ShooterGameServer.exe!UGameEngine::Init() (0x00007ff78adf8628) + 0 bytes [e:\svn_ark\engine\source\runtime\engine\private\gameengine.cpp:533]
                      ShooterGameServer.exe!UShooterEngine::Init() (0x00007ff78a33a3ac) + 0 bytes [e:\svn_ark\projects\shootergame\source\shootergame\private\shooterengine.cpp:245]
                      ShooterGameServer.exe!FEngineLoop::Init() (0x00007ff78a120609) + 0 bytes [e:\svn_ark\engine\source\runtime\launch\private\launchengineloop.cpp:2060]
                      ShooterGameServer.exe!GuardedMain() (0x00007ff78a11cc73) + 20 bytes [e:\svn_ark\engine\source\runtime\launch\private\launch.cpp:128]
                      ShooterGameServer.exe!GuardedMainWrapper() (0x00007ff78a12228a) + 5 bytes [e:\svn_ark\engine\source\runtime\launch\private\windows\launchwindows.cpp:125]
                      ShooterGameServer.exe!WinMain() (0x00007ff78a1223b8) + 8 bytes [e:\svn_ark\engine\source\runtime\launch\private\windows\launchwindows.cpp:209]
                      ShooterGameServer.exe!__tmainCRTStartup() (0x00007ff78bcbbfe1) + 21 bytes [f:\dd\vctools\crt\crtw32\dllstuff\crtexe.c:618]
                      KERNEL32.DLL!UnknownFunction (0x00007ffa6e2d15dd) + 0 bytes [UnknownFile:0]
                      ntdll.dll!UnknownFunction (0x00007ffa6e6c43d1) + 0 bytes [UnknownFile:0]
                      ntdll.dll!UnknownFunction (0x00007ffa6e6c43d1) + 0 bytes [UnknownFile:0]

Can anyone help me with this?
                      It definitely crashes on startup, but can't extract the underlying cause from this callstack.
                      Please help
                      Thanks!

Comment

wait so every update will just add 80gb of storage? that is insane. how would anyone ever have enough storage space for this then. I use an SSD. Even if I had 1tb one it would used up in 10 updates if that is true.

Comment

Originally posted by Twistedpixels View Post
                          wait so every update will just add 80gb of storage? that is insane. how would anyone ever have enough storage space for this then. I use an SSD. Even if I had 1tb one it would used up in 10 updates if that is true.
                          It doesn't. It thinks it needs that much space, but it doesn't actually want it. It also has issues with correct drive scanning/detection and detecting a moved/partial install.

SSD's... sure, you get a nice bump in loading times and what not, but they are not recommended purely for that fact that the DevKit can be write intensive at times, not to mention it will continuously grow in size regardless of updates... I think one of my DevKit installs is sitting at 150GB's or something.

-WM
                          Workshop: My Workshop
                          ARK Modding Discord Admin: Join here!

Comment

I just updated through he launcher and it is still crashing
                            My Mods

Draw Bridges and more!
                            Singleplayer rebalance
                            Helper Dinos
                            Elder Dinos

Comment

Originally posted by Matt_Tuttle View Post
                              I just updated through he launcher and it is still crashing
                              Hey Matt_Tuttle -- are you sure your Mod doesn't have WorldGridMaterial modified in any way? Is anyone else seeing this problem?

Uncle_Bob125 -- this appears to be due to a custom food recipe using an item which is no longer in the mod. I'll add protection for that case in the main game shortly.

Cheers,
                              Jeremy

Comment

Hey Matt_Tuttle -- are you sure your Mod doesn't have WorldGridMaterial modified in any way? Is anyone else seeing this problem?
                                The Tek suit was pointing to a material file not in the game. What made t hard to figure out is to get the cooker to update the mod I had to verify, save all, reset mod guid and restart the dev kit. But then its only good for one cook.

It is even doing it to the untouched dino arena mod. The file save times in the test mod output directory and Modtools/output/ folders are all the same before and after cooking.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile...t=singleplayer

Thanks'
                                Matt
                                Last edited by Matt_Tuttle; 06-12-2016, 02:31 PM.
                                My Mods

Draw Bridges and more!
                                Singleplayer rebalance
                                Helper Dinos
                                Elder Dinos

Comment

Working...
                                X