Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

7/20: ARK Dev Kit v297.2 is now available on the Epic Games Launcher

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Is there an ETA on when the update will hit the Epic Launcher?

    Comment


      Epic Launcher's now been updated with the latest-latest v242.8, which also fixes some minor things (includes the correct TestMap/TestMapArea Sky) and provides some pop-up notification in case you try to add the same Overriden Function as an Event, or vice-versa

      Comment


        Originally posted by StudioWildcard View Post
        Epic Launcher's now been updated with the latest-latest v242.8, which also fixes some minor things (includes the correct TestMap/TestMapArea Sky) and provides some pop-up notification in case you try to add the same Overriden Function as an Event, or vice-versa
        Nice, thank you! Is there any chance you take a look at the crash issue when copying blueprints? If you need any further information I would be happy to provide it, I will also test with the latest version that is now on the launcher. It is just rather slowing everything down if you have to restart every few minutes.

        Cheers

        Comment


          Originally posted by DanielEder View Post
          Nice, thank you! Is there any chance you take a look at the crash issue when copying blueprints? If you need any further information I would be happy to provide it, I will also test with the latest version that is now on the launcher. It is just rather slowing everything down if you have to restart every few minutes.

          Cheers
          We're having trouble reproducing the issue. Can you post the simplest steps to reproducing it with the clean Epic Launcher ARK Dev Kit? (if it has like a 70% chance of reproducing that's still pretty good!)

          Once we've reproduced it with some degree of reliability, we'll be able to solve it quickly!

          Thanks very much,
          Jeremy

          Comment


            Originally posted by StudioWildcard View Post
            We're having trouble reproducing the issue. Can you post the simplest steps to reproducing it with the clean Epic Launcher ARK Dev Kit? (if it has like a 70% chance of reproducing that's still pretty good!)

            Once we've reproduced it with some degree of reliability, we'll be able to solve it quickly!

            Thanks very much,
            Jeremy
            The problem is, so far I have not found a reliable way to reproduce it (and with the latest version it seems to happen less often, but that might be just an illusion), but here is basically when it happens:
            1. Create a new folder in the mods folder
            2. Copy the generic mod files and safe them
            3. Rename the generic mod files
            4. Copy a few files you would like to modify - I experimented with the stone hatchet - all at once (PrimalItem, Weap, Engram).
            5. Press CTRL+S - at this point a crash could happen, but it is not too likely
            6. Edit the blueprint files, modify some stats. Again, safe them - no crash will happen (or has not happened so far).
            7. Repeat step 4, when you reach 5 again it is rather likely that a crash will happen.

            I did this on two pc's, first using verified, then completely removed and newly downloaded dev kits.

            If I find a definite way to cause a crash I will let you know.
            If you need the crash log, I posted it a few posts ago, in case it helps finding the issue.

            Thank you for your help!

            Best regards,
            Daniel Eder

            Comment


              it seems as if in the current version of the dev kit there is an issue with cooking mods everytime i cook my mod and upload it im only uploading the primal game data and nothing else before the newest version everything was fine then nope everything breaks
              we are getting this crash report
              Assertion failed: Class [File:C:\SVN_Ark\Engine\Source\Runtime\CoreUObject\Public\UObject\Class.h] [Line: 2516]
              ConstructObject called with a NULL class object


              VERSION: 242.7
              KERNELBASE.dll!UnknownFunction (0x00007fff73771f28) + 0 bytes [UnknownFile:0]
              ShooterGame.exe!FOutputDevice::Logf__VA() (0x00007ff6862abcf8) + 159 bytes [c:\svn_ark\engine\source\runtime\core\private\misc\outputdevice.cpp:145]
              ShooterGame.exe!FDebug::AssertFailed() (0x00007ff6862ac295) + 178 bytes [c:\svn_ark\engine\source\runtime\core\private\misc\outputdevice.cpp:220]
              ShooterGame.exe!UInstancedStaticMeshComponent::ConstructAttachedComponent() (0x00007ff686aec4c1) + 105 bytes [c:\svn_ark\engine\source\runtime\engine\private\instancedstaticmesh.cpp:1978]
              ShooterGame.exe!UInstancedStaticMeshComponent::TickComponent() (0x00007ff686aeb960) + 0 bytes [c:\svn_ark\engine\source\runtime\engine\private\instancedstaticmesh.cpp:1876]
              ShooterGame.exe!UActorComponent::ConditionalTickComponent() (0x00007ff6869a2181) + 22 bytes [c:\svn_ark\engine\source\runtime\engine\private\actorcomponent.cpp:970]
              ShooterGame.exe!TGraphTask<FTickTaskSequencer::FTickFunctionTask>::ExecuteTask() (0x00007ff686d265ac) + 30 bytes [c:\svn_ark\engine\source\runtime\core\public\async\taskgraphinterfaces.h:665]
              ShooterGame.exe!FTaskThread::ProcessTasks() (0x00007ff68621a3a6) + 0 bytes [c:\svn_ark\engine\source\runtime\core\private\async\taskgraph.cpp:338]
              ShooterGame.exe!FTaskThread::ProcessTasksUntilQuit() (0x00007ff686219e8d) + 0 bytes [c:\svn_ark\engine\source\runtime\core\private\async\taskgraph.cpp:177]
              ShooterGame.exe!FTaskGraphImplementation::WaitUntilTasksComplete() (0x00007ff68621b2bd) + 0 bytes [c:\svn_ark\engine\source\runtime\core\private\async\taskgraph.cpp:882]
              ShooterGame.exe!FTaskGraphInterface::WaitUntilTaskCompletes() (0x00007ff6862c9851) + 0 bytes [c:\svn_ark\engine\source\runtime\core\public\async\taskgraphinterfaces.h:187]
              ShooterGame.exe!FTickTaskSequencer::ReleaseTickGroup() (0x00007ff686cf07e2) + 269 bytes [c:\svn_ark\engine\source\runtime\engine\private\ticktaskmanager.cpp:187]
              ShooterGame.exe!FTickTaskManager::RunTickGroup() (0x00007ff686cf525a) + 0 bytes [c:\svn_ark\engine\source\runtime\engine\private\ticktaskmanager.cpp:863]
              ShooterGame.exe!UWorld::RunTickGroup() (0x00007ff686b4adcb) + 0 bytes [c:\svn_ark\engine\source\runtime\engine\private\leveltick.cpp:694]
              ShooterGame.exe!UWorld::Tick() (0x00007ff686b4c1a4) + 0 bytes [c:\svn_ark\engine\source\runtime\engine\private\leveltick.cpp:1211]
              ShooterGame.exe!UGameEngine::Tick() (0x00007ff686a7b6bc) + 0 bytes [c:\svn_ark\engine\source\runtime\engine\private\gameengine.cpp:953]
              ShooterGame.exe!FEngineLoop::Tick() (0x00007ff685acaf19) + 0 bytes [c:\svn_ark\engine\source\runtime\launch\private\launchengineloop.cpp:2344]
              ShooterGame.exe!GuardedMain() (0x00007ff685ac554c) + 0 bytes [c:\svn_ark\engine\source\runtime\launch\private\launch.cpp:140]
              ShooterGame.exe!GuardedMainWrapper() (0x00007ff685acc3fa) + 5 bytes [c:\svn_ark\engine\source\runtime\launch\private\windows\launchwindows.cpp:125]
              ShooterGame.exe!WinMain() (0x00007ff685acc528) + 8 bytes [c:\svn_ark\engine\source\runtime\launch\private\windows\launchwindows.cpp:209]
              ShooterGame.exe!__tmainCRTStartup() (0x00007ff687bf2e01) + 21 bytes [f:\dd\vctools\crt\crtw32\dllstuff\crtexe.c:618]
              KERNEL32.DLL!UnknownFunction (0x00007fff73b08102) + 0 bytes [UnknownFile:0]
              ntdll.dll!UnknownFunction (0x00007fff7656c5b4) + 0 bytes [UnknownFile:0]
              ntdll.dll!UnknownFunction (0x00007fff7656c5b4) + 0 bytes [UnknownFile:0]
              i have tried almost everything on my end and doing im doing fresh install of the dev kit currently with a back up to my mods to see if that fixes it

              Comment


                My mod too cooked and said it uploaded to steam but when I load game it only downloads 4 files from steam and the .mod file. Lots of files missing. Mod works fine in the dev kit and this was just a minor change to the mod which has been working fine for months. Just verified files and tried again and I get the same.

                Comment


                  I have had to retype the level file name in the maps field of the cooker and click save all on the cook tool, restart the devkit, then cook to get it to work.

                  Comment


                    Originally posted by jslay View Post
                    I have had to retype the level file name in the maps field of the cooker and click save all on the cook tool, restart the devkit, then cook to get it to work.
                    just tried that it didnt seem to help any other suggestions or if anyone else has found a fix or the cause of the error all help is appreciated i tried to fix it yesterday assuming it was something on my end for 12+ hours

                    Comment


                      Originally posted by Raptor_Chick View Post
                      just tried that it didnt seem to help any other suggestions or if anyone else has found a fix or the cause of the error all help is appreciated i tried to fix it yesterday assuming it was something on my end for 12+ hours
                      Any chance you could ZIP up your project and send it over to me. I can take a look at it.
                      Wildcard Mod Liaison | Creator of Primitive+ Survival

                      Comment


                        I'm having the same problem. I've had my beacon enhancer mod running for months and just made a few changes to set weights last night and cooked and uploaded and only getting 4 of the files transferring to steam. It's leaving everything out and now the mod isn't working.

                        Comment


                          I've also tried cooking it over and over. I've tried saving every file again. I've verified files for the dev kit. Only thing I haven't tried is resetting the publisher and the mod guid. Any ideas?

                          Comment


                            Lots of issues all day long.

                            The Center Map:
                            Click image for larger version

Name:	0176e5ef4e5a29cd04cf40db4dc8d979.png
Views:	1
Size:	57.4 KB
ID:	1107984

                            The Island Map:
                            Click image for larger version

Name:	379ab177ab4946c245312ca0429feaf2.png
Views:	1
Size:	74.0 KB
ID:	1107985

                            These are both when trying to load into game. As stated about reinstalled and verified everything a couple times. Worked fine last night. Updated launcher, has not worked since.

                            Comment


                              Originally posted by KGM6911 View Post
                              I'm having the same problem. I've had my beacon enhancer mod running for months and just made a few changes to set weights last night and cooked and uploaded and only getting 4 of the files transferring to steam. It's leaving everything out and now the mod isn't working.
                              Hey I'm looking into this now. Can you PM me a link to your Mod uasset files/directory zipped up? Will use that to reproduce the problem and will get it fixed ASAP!!!!

                              Thanks very much,
                              Jeremy Stieglitz

                              Comment


                                Okay phew, we've fixed the issue and will get a new DevKit build onto GitHub tonight, and onto the Epic Launcher tomorrow. Binaries only change

                                Thanks all!
                                Jeremy

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X