Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

7/20: ARK Dev Kit v297.2 is now available on the Epic Games Launcher

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Originally posted by Judqment8 View Post
    So I just shoved the latest github files and the diff content on my last Epic version and now the Devkit crashes whenever I try to summon a creature. Also it won't cook mods anymore either, comes back with 3 Failures.
    I was getting the same failures too.

    I had to re-make my mod from scratch.
    I had to copy and edit the generic mod folder contents again, link them to each other and then edit the files for my mod.

    Comment


      Originally posted by Crusadercrush View Post
      I was getting the same failures too.

      I had to re-make my mod from scratch.
      I had to copy and edit the generic mod folder contents again, link them to each other and then edit the files for my mod.
      I didn't do that. I re-updated from Epic launcher and then applied the latest files again. That fixed it for me :3

      Comment


        Anyone getting 90,000+ shaders remaining during a cook?

        Just updated the devkit and firstly waited for 32,000 shaders remaining to complete... then after a bit more logging it's 90,000+.

        Currently at 61,982 shaders remaining.

        Any suggestions on how to get around this ~24 hour first cook?

        Comment


          Originally posted by JasonFJ View Post
          Anyone getting 90,000+ shaders remaining during a cook?

          Just updated the devkit and firstly waited for 32,000 shaders remaining to complete... then after a bit more logging it's 90,000+.

          Currently at 61,982 shaders remaining.

          Any suggestions on how to get around this ~24 hour first cook?
          You updated manually(only way to get 234 for the time being)? Are you just cooking a data mod?

          That many shaders sounds like it's cooking a map, or trying to. I think there was an issue not to long ago with a devkit update causing the entire island and its levels to cook, it was fixed however.

          -WM
          Workshop: My Workshop
          ARK Modding Discord Admin: Join here!

          Comment


            4 hours of 100% CPU.... it finally finished. It was just a few changes to about 12 files... so the test TC mod eventually compiled successfully to 2.7Mb in size.

            A second cook resulted in another 10k shaders compiling... and the entire LandscapeSublevel.umap.z (421Mb) cooking for no particular reason... and an eventual 971Mb mod.

            It was a fresh install of the devkit.. then I overwrote the files with the Github 232.4 files. Maybe the trick is to re-verify the install (roll back to the current version)... cook the TC... then overwrite with the latest 232.4 files and try again.

            After a re-verify, the devkit came to 232.4 already. TC cooked worked straight away with no shader compilation.
            Last edited by JasonFJ; 02-04-2016, 10:24 AM.

            Comment


              Since the last Epic Games Launcher update (not with the file from the drive) the editor crashes almost every time when I switch to Graph Editing mode in a Widget!

              Is this because of the ARK Dev Kit or is it me?
              Check out my ARK Mod Play As Dino!

              Comment


                Is a new Dev Kit build coming soon?

                Need to edit my mods so it doesn't affect the terror bird spawns :S

                Comment


                  Having a LOT of problems with the grappling hook in the Dev kit. Wont open, copying crashes the Dev Kit. Trying to even view the original WeapCrossbow_GrapplingHook & ProjGrapHook gives the error: "Blueprint could not be loaded because it derives from an invalid class. Check to make sure the parent class for this blueprint hasn't been removed!"

                  Also, there seems to be a missing engram from the Devkit: EngramEntry_GreenhouseWallWithWindow
                  The Item and the Structures are present.
                  Last edited by Skornedemon; 02-08-2016, 04:58 PM.

                  Comment


                    Originally posted by Skornedemon View Post
                    Having a LOT of problems with the grappling hook in the Dev kit. Wont open, copying crashes the Dev Kit. Trying to even view the original WeapCrossbow_GrapplingHook & ProjGrapHook gives the error: "Blueprint could not be loaded because it derives from an invalid class. Check to make sure the parent class for this blueprint hasn't been removed!"

                    Also, there seems to be a missing engram from the Devkit: EngramEntry_GreenhouseWallWithWindow
                    The Item and the Structures are present.
                    Did you update the binaries from github and not just the content? I can open/edit/copy both files without problems.
                    The GreenhouseWallWithWindow seems to be something that is work in progress, none of the files for it seem to be present in the main games files.
                    ARKModding.net Wiki --- ARKModding.net: Resource Collection, BP Snippets --- ADK Tutorial/Example Blueprint Collection on github --- Tutorial: Adding custom MultiUse(Radial) menu entry/action --- My Steam Workshop

                    Comment


                      It was, indeed, an error on my end. After updating with the github zip it worked fine.

                      Comment


                        Is it just me or does cooking mods take like forever with the latest update?

                        Mine seems to be hanging on Game/ArtTests/Forge/Forge and one pass takes like 8 minutes while it normally takes 2 minutes.

                        Comment


                          Originally posted by Judqment8 View Post
                          Is it just me or does cooking mods take like forever with the latest update?

                          Mine seems to be hanging on Game/ArtTests/Forge/Forge and one pass takes like 8 minutes while it normally takes 2 minutes.
                          I haven't properly cooked any mods yet, but cooking through the test mod output(while faster than the normal cook obviously) is now definitely taking longer, and seems to get hung up around that area.

                          -WM
                          Workshop: My Workshop
                          ARK Modding Discord Admin: Join here!

                          Comment


                            This is getting quite frustrating as I have trouble with few of my mods and have to try them on the actual server. The total cooking time seems to be something like 20 minutes now when it was something like 3-4 minutes in the past. Hopefully we get a hotfix for the cooking.
                            Last edited by Judqment8; 02-10-2016, 07:39 AM.

                            Comment


                              Yup something is taking too long with the cook times now. We're on it

                              Comment


                                ye, ORP went from ~7m to 25m.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X