Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2/1/2020: ARK Dev Kit v304.1 is now available on the Epic Launcher

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Do you know what a thread tittle is?
    Can you read what the thread tittle says?

    "ARK Dev Kit v232.4 on Epic Launcher!"

    Are you serious!?

    So you're gonna state a version out of lack of communication (someone telling you is x version when actually it is y version) or because of a typo?
    v232.4 on Epic Launcher! In which fantasy world do you see something else?

    And is simple:
    v232.4 is NOT available through the Epic Launcher, YOUR TYPO, YOUR MISTAKE, YOUR MISLEADING INFORMATION.

    Keep in mind that people making mods have to rebuild, redirect, and outright remake their mods because of Game and Dev Kit compatibility issues like not doing what is suppose to do.

    Comment


      Idk, maybe read the actual post? No wonder you can't seem to make a mod that works in game. You have no ability to dig for information and want to throw a fit when someone made a typo. hahaha

      Go away now... bye bye.
      Last edited by jslay; 01-19-2016, 02:54 PM.

      Comment


        Lol, OK
        Talk to the hand then.

        (Moves head in a circular form while not looking at you)

        XD

        Comment


          Any new @Staff about map extension ?

          Comment


            Is it possible to bring the editor to a newer version? It is still 4.5, would be great.

            Comment


              Use the GitHub version. It is stable. Also grab diff content. Check first post of the thread.

              Comment


                Originally posted by jslay View Post
                Use the GitHub version. It is stable. Also grab diff content. Check first post of the thread.

                I think he wants to use UE4 4.10 as the base instead of 4.5.1
                My Mods - Cute Hair | Fun Vaults | xTcR Island | Invisible Turret Blocker
                My Servers - I have many servers running. Main server below.


                Find the rest of my servers at
                xTcR.Net Servers
                The Ark Life PVP Server

                Comment


                  Originally posted by Sicco0803 View Post
                  Is it possible to bring the editor to a newer version? It is still 4.5, would be great.
                  Originally posted by SakuraSammi View Post
                  I think he wants to use UE4 4.10 as the base instead of 4.5.1
                  Most assuredly, that or anything above 5.1.

                  Sicco, it's been stated a few times around the forums repeatedly that the engine won't move beyond 4.5.1. I would prefer they updated the core version rather than adding bits and pieces from later revisions/versions, I'm still waiting for various UMG issues to be addressed, but a core engine bump is very unlikely to happen. They surely have their reasons, most notably would be the issues that would most likely occur from porting from 5.1 to anything greater as the engine went through serious changes on various core parts, especially if you compare 5.1 to 10.1.

                  -WM
                  Workshop: My Workshop
                  ARK Modding Discord Admin: Join here!

                  Comment


                    Originally posted by SakuraSammi View Post
                    I think he wants to use UE4 4.10 as the base instead of 4.5.1
                    Ahh, yeah, would be nice, but don't see it happening as WM has stated.

                    Comment


                      Originally posted by WoefulMacabre View Post
                      Most assuredly, that or anything above 5.1.

                      Sicco, it's been stated a few times around the forums repeatedly that the engine won't move beyond 4.5.1. I would prefer they updated the core version rather than adding bits and pieces from later revisions/versions, I'm still waiting for various UMG issues to be addressed, but a core engine bump is very unlikely to happen. They surely have their reasons, most notably would be the issues that would most likely occur from porting from 5.1 to anything greater as the engine went through serious changes on various core parts, especially if you compare 5.1 to 10.1.

                      -WM

                      I would assume the newer versions would have better optimizations and stuff, no?
                      My Mods - Cute Hair | Fun Vaults | xTcR Island | Invisible Turret Blocker
                      My Servers - I have many servers running. Main server below.


                      Find the rest of my servers at
                      xTcR.Net Servers
                      The Ark Life PVP Server

                      Comment


                        is there a change log for the current update? Maybe i missed it some place?
                        Founder and CEO of Angry Penguin Studio, LLC
                        Dallas, TX USA
                        https://www.facebook.com/AngryPenguinStudios

                        Comment


                          Originally posted by Angrytoilet View Post
                          is there a change log for the current update? Maybe i missed it some place?
                          It was just pushing the GitHub update to Epic Launcher
                          My Mods - Cute Hair | Fun Vaults | xTcR Island | Invisible Turret Blocker
                          My Servers - I have many servers running. Main server below.


                          Find the rest of my servers at
                          xTcR.Net Servers
                          The Ark Life PVP Server

                          Comment


                            Originally posted by SakuraSammi View Post
                            It was just pushing the GitHub update to Epic Launcher
                            Awesome thanks Sakura!
                            Founder and CEO of Angry Penguin Studio, LLC
                            Dallas, TX USA
                            https://www.facebook.com/AngryPenguinStudios

                            Comment


                              I hope someone has figured how to make dino spawns volumes work, In my map extension, I have to use timers and the static spawn NPC's node for anything to show up in the game. Then manually add them to arrays for managing populations. In the dev kit spawn volumes work perfectly but nothing spawns in the game.
                              Last edited by npcSwords; 01-27-2016, 01:05 AM.
                              Mods: NPC Bush Peoples V6


                              Comment


                                Originally posted by Samson F. View Post
                                I hope someone has figured how to make dino spawns volumes work, In my map extension, I have to use timers and the static spawn NPC's node for anything to show up in the game. Then manually add them to arrays for managing populations. In the dev kit spawn volumes work perfectly but nothing spawns in the game.
                                "ARK Dev Kit v232.6 has been posted to GitHub! (This update fixes an issue with Cooking Volumes within Map Extensions!)"

                                Have you tried since .6 was put out?

                                -WM
                                Workshop: My Workshop
                                ARK Modding Discord Admin: Join here!

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X