This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by StudioWildcard View Post
    Yep Covert_Owl, something is messed up with TC cooking at the moment (it's incorrectly thinking nearly every file is changed). We should have it fixed later today.

Heavensn, your TC works for me, I didn't seem to get any issues with it or freezes. However, I'm curious, why do you think it's related to this file:

"Finally found that the problem comes from "\ShooterGame\SeekFreeContent\PrimalEarth\CoreBlueprints\PrimalGameData_BP.uasset"""

Do you mean, if the users delete that file, they do not get the freezing problem in your TC?

Thanks,
    Drake
    Computer hardware bad players load my TC (http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile...e&id=505802807) will freeze for up to 1 minute. (231.9 has been fixed)

In None TC model, I try to delete "\ ARK \ ShooterGame \ SeekFreeContent \ PrimalEarth \ CoreBlueprints \ PrimalGameData_BP.uasset", start the game will be the same freeze for some time. (231.9 not fixed)
    Last edited by Heavensn; 01-11-2016, 05:12 PM.

Comment

The latest Dev Kit v231.9 on GitHub + v231.9 Content Diff link fixes the TC cooking issue (where TC cooks extra files)!

Heavensn, not sure I understand the issue you're describing? Does 231.9 help the freezing on startup of your TC?

Thanks guys!
      Drake

Comment

The latest Dev Kit v231.9 on GitHub + v231.9 Content Diff link fixes the TC cooking issue (where TC cooks extra files)!

Heavensn, not sure I understand the issue you're describing? Does 231.9 help the freezing on startup of your TC?

Thanks guys!
        Drake
        Looks like the map files and primal game data are still being cooked. However a lot of other files are no longer being cooked.

Here were my steps:
        1. Verify dev kit with launcher
        2. Update dev kit binaries from git
        3. Copy in the new files (https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B0d...ew?usp=sharing, mentioned in https://forums.unrealengine.com/show...13-9-on-GitHub!)
        4. Run TC cook

I updated my post for the individual issue...
        https://forums.unrealengine.com/show...246#post452246

Comment

Yup, sorry about that Covert_Owl. The correct Dev Kit Binaries (v231.9) didn't get uploaded. One of our engineers will fix this soon in the morning on GitHub, and then we'll be updating the Epic Launcher as well.

Thank you!!!

-Drake

Comment

Thanks guys!
            Drake
            Sorry, my English is not good, use google translation
            Delete "SeekFree Content" directory to start the game will freeze for some time

Comment

Yup, sorry about that Covert_Owl. The correct Dev Kit Binaries (v231.9) didn't get uploaded. One of our engineers will fix this soon in the morning on GitHub, and then we'll be updating the Epic Launcher as well.

Thank you!!!

-Drake
              When will you guys release the fix to the texture problem with map extension?
              My Mods - Cute Hair | Fun Vaults | xTcR Island | Invisible Turret Blocker
              My Servers - I have many servers running. Main server below.

Find the rest of my servers at
              xTcR.Net Servers
              The Ark Life PVP Server

Comment

I hope a fix for texture with map extension im getting problems to

Comment

so i just updated my dev kit Via Epic launcher and now when i update a mod it creates a new ID ...... why....? this means that im not able to update my mod? can anyone else confirm this?
                  My MODS: Ark Advance | Ark Steampunk Mod

Comment

i was able to fix my problem by copying the files from the back up the devkit did when it updated. Just a warning not sure if it happens to anyone else but when i updated it removed all the mod info from the dev kit and when u try to update ur mod it generates a new ID for u mod and i had WildcardStudioDrake info on there when i tried to update my test mod
                    My MODS: Ark Advance | Ark Steampunk Mod

Comment

Originally posted by spezz View Post
                      i was able to fix my problem by copying the files from the back up the devkit did when it updated. Just a warning not sure if it happens to anyone else but when i updated it removed all the mod info from the dev kit and when u try to update ur mod it generates a new ID for u mod and i had WildcardStudioDrake info on there when i tried to update my test mod
                      Im having the issue, im new to ark modding could you tell me how you did step by step ?

Comment

SakuraSammi, XShARk, can I get link to your respective terrain texture issues? Are they both with terrain materials? Have you tried making a copy/duplicate of the terrain material and applying that to your terrain instead?

Thanks,
                        Drake

Comment

SakuraSammi, XShARk, can I get link to your respective terrain texture issues? Are they both with terrain materials? Have you tried making a copy/duplicate of the terrain material and applying that to your terrain instead?

Thanks,
                          Drake
                          I did create a landscape and added the material '/Game/PrimalEarth/Environment/Landscape/Mat_TheIsland.Mat_TheIsland' then all i did was painting over it with grassmat from it

Comment

Thanks,
                            Drake
                            http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile.../?id=599476919

Thats my map extension. I have used the default texture for theisland and also copied the whole texture folder over and pointed the material to use those instead and still end up with this missing texture in game. I am not using any custom assets.
                            Last edited by SakuraSammi; 01-13-2016, 01:17 AM.
                            My Mods - Cute Hair | Fun Vaults | xTcR Island | Invisible Turret Blocker
                            My Servers - I have many servers running. Main server below.

Find the rest of my servers at
                            xTcR.Net Servers
                            The Ark Life PVP Server

Comment

@spezz: you can manually change all of that info in the mods.db file. Just make a backup of that file for future issues. For now, just change the mod id inside that file for the mod you want changed and it will go back to uploading the correct mod.

IRT: So I get the issues with needing 74gig of free space at all times but now its telling me that it cannot update because it needs 74Gigs but I only have 79Gigs free. Why has this issue persisted for so long?

Comment

Originally posted by SakuraSammi View Post
                                http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile.../?id=587916864

Thats my map extension. I have used the default texture for theisland and also copied the whole texture folder over and pointed the material to use those instead and still end up with this missing texture in game. I am not using any custom assets.
                                Hey so there is no Material cooked into that Map Extension (no terrain material). Are you sure your terrain material is placed within your Mods\xtcrisland folder? (all custom assets need to be located there)

If it is there, then I'm not sure what is going wrong, so can you zip and upload your source assets so we can analyze them? (your map and your Mods\xtcrisland folder)

Thanks much!

-Drake

Comment

Working...
                                X