Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

10/11: ARK Dev Kit v271.9 is now on Google Drive!

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by StudioWildcard View Post
    Hey so there is no Material cooked into that Map Extension (no terrain material). Are you sure your terrain material is placed within your Mods\xtcrisland folder? (all custom assets need to be located there)

    If it is there, then I'm not sure what is going wrong, so can you zip and upload your source assets so we can analyze them? (your map and your Mods\xtcrisland folder)

    Thanks much!

    -Drake
    I'm not using any custom assets. Its the same texture as TheIsland. Using the default Material as well. Where can I send you the link to the map source file?
    My Mods - Cute Hair | Fun Vaults | xTcR Island | Invisible Turret Blocker
    My Servers - I have many servers running. Main server below.


    Find the rest of my servers at
    xTcR.Net Servers
    The Ark Life PVP Server

    Comment


    • Originally posted by StudioWildcard View Post
      Hey so there is no Material cooked into that Map Extension (no terrain material). Are you sure your terrain material is placed within your Mods\xtcrisland folder? (all custom assets need to be located there)

      If it is there, then I'm not sure what is going wrong, so can you zip and upload your source assets so we can analyze them? (your map and your Mods\xtcrisland folder)

      Thanks much!

      -Drake
      i got it partially working :
      Click image for larger version

Name:	e5820d338e4d15306b701ba4e6142fff.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	464.4 KB
ID:	1098514
      But not when painting the terrain :/
      what i did was copying the material of the island to my mod folder and using it instead. When i did the paint i created a layer info -> Weight-blended layer (normal), then saved to my mods folder like the Material one
      and it doesn't show up in game

      Comment


      • Originally posted by SakuraSammi View Post
        I'm not using any custom assets. Its the same texture as TheIsland. Using the default Material as well. Where can I send you the link to the map source file?
        I think you need to create a Copy of TheIsland's landscape Material (put it within your Mods\ModName subfolder), and use that instead on your custom Terrain. Anyhow upload the sources to DropBox and we'll try it out!

        -Drake

        Comment


        • Originally posted by StudioWildcard View Post
          I think you need to create a Copy of TheIsland's landscape Material (put it within your Mods\ModName subfolder), and use that instead on your custom Terrain. Anyhow upload the sources to DropBox and we'll try it out!

          -Drake
          I have copied the textures I used on the terrain to the mod subfolder and tried using that as well. Cooked it and end up with the same results. I PM'd u the Dropbox link.
          My Mods - Cute Hair | Fun Vaults | xTcR Island | Invisible Turret Blocker
          My Servers - I have many servers running. Main server below.


          Find the rest of my servers at
          xTcR.Net Servers
          The Ark Life PVP Server

          Comment


          • Wow! Been asking for a local compile option for a while, and there it is You guys rock!

            Comment


            • what's the devkit update do ?

              Comment


              • Ok SakuraSammi and XShark, the custom Materials issue with Map Extensions is fixed now, using GitHub Dev Kit update v232.4

                SakuraSammi's map extension with custom Materials cooks for for me, as you can see here:

                http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile.../?id=601317721

                Thank you so much for the repro that enabled us to fix it!!!!

                Cheers,
                Drake

                Comment


                • Originally posted by StudioWildcard View Post
                  Ok SakuraSammi and XShark, the custom Materials issue with Map Extensions is fixed now, using GitHub Dev Kit update v232.4

                  SakuraSammi's map extension with custom Materials cooks for for me, as you can see here:

                  http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile.../?id=601317721


                  Thank you so much for the repro that enabled us to fix it!!!!

                  Cheers,
                  Drake
                  Thanks Drake!!




                  Now I can work on more advanced floating islands!!
                  Last edited by SakuraSammi; 01-16-2016, 02:43 AM.
                  My Mods - Cute Hair | Fun Vaults | xTcR Island | Invisible Turret Blocker
                  My Servers - I have many servers running. Main server below.


                  Find the rest of my servers at
                  xTcR.Net Servers
                  The Ark Life PVP Server

                  Comment


                  • Lookin' great SakuraSammi!

                    Don't forget to put some foliage resources and dino spawns up there

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by StudioWildcard View Post
                      Lookin' great SakuraSammi!

                      Don't forget to put some foliage resources and dino spawns up there
                      Terrain seems to be good but Dino spawn and water are not working
                      Last edited by XShARk; 01-16-2016, 10:28 AM.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by XShARk View Post
                        Terrain seems to be good but Dino spawn and water are not working
                        I'm also unable to get water physics volumes and post process volumes to work. Have yet to try dino spawns as I'm not that far along with my map extension yet but I've seen other people say they are not working in theirs.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by XShARk View Post
                          Terrain seems to be good but Dino spawn and water are not working
                          Yeah water physics volume are not cooking properly...
                          My Mods - Cute Hair | Fun Vaults | xTcR Island | Invisible Turret Blocker
                          My Servers - I have many servers running. Main server below.


                          Find the rest of my servers at
                          xTcR.Net Servers
                          The Ark Life PVP Server

                          Comment


                          • ARK Dev Kit v232.4 on Epic Launcher! ???

                            No, the Epic launcher dev kit is v231.9 not v232.4

                            :/

                            Comment


                            • If you read the actual thread it says: download epic launcher version then download git and diff content and unpack over epic launcher install.
                              ARKModding.net Wiki --- ARKModding.net: Resource Collection, BP Snippets --- ADK Tutorial/Example Blueprint Collection on github --- Tutorial: Adding custom MultiUse(Radial) menu entry/action --- My Steam Workshop

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Crusadercrush View Post
                                ARK Dev Kit v232.4 on Epic Launcher! ???

                                No, the Epic launcher dev kit is v231.9 not v232.4

                                :/

                                Maybe a slight change of attitude will help you to read better? Keep in mind, you are developing mods in a WIP DevKit for an ALPHA game.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X