Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1/15: ARK Dev Kit v288.0 is now on the Epic Launcher!

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Originally posted by StudioWildcard View Post
    v222.7 is on the Epic Launcher now!
    On small request since you seem to be in the mood of updating the Kit. Could you please remove the ADK download on Steam. So many people accidently download it there and then come in here and ask why its not working. Followed by question if they have to download it from the Epic Launcher again... That happens literally every 2 day.

In case you wonder what I am talking about: Steam->Libary->Tools->ARK Dev Kit

Edit: Someone just asked about it in this very moment...
    Last edited by Kenturrac; 11-10-2015, 04:56 PM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    v222.7 is on the Epic Launcher now!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Maxximuss View Post
    Wow, I can't update, I installed dev kit to a 120GB partition, I have 47 GB free and to "update" it says it needs 63gb?
    What good is a launcher if it can't do reasonable incremental updates. If it does only download 14gb then what on earth is the 63gb free space requirement for?
    If you really want an answer to this question use the search function. There is an answer to this on this forum but I will not go over this again.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Wow, I can't update, I installed dev kit to a 120GB partition, I have 47 GB free and to "update" it says it needs 63gb?
    What good is a launcher if it can't do reasonable incremental updates. If it does only download 14gb then what on earth is the 63gb free space requirement for?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by WoefulMacabre View Post
    You do realise that not everything downloaded is new content, and that they're forever changing existing content, yes?

-WM
    Yes I do realize that. I also realize that the manual method downloaded about 3GB of files and was much, much, much faster to do.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    now I can place foliage correctly, but it´s very slow, on saturday I placed a lot of trees in a few seconds, now it needs for every small circle a second...
    If I want add a lot of trees like on saturday, I need 5 minutes^^
    Last edited by Killerzwerg; 11-10-2015, 10:16 AM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by ThunderAcoustic View Post
    performs a 14.4GB download after which there is only an extra 3GB of space taken up.
    You do realise that not everything downloaded is new content, and that they're forever changing existing content, yes?

-WM

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Can't say I enjoy the Epic launcher method but if it's easier for the devs it's all good. Requires 69GB free space on the drive before it will update and then performs a 14.4GB download after which there is only an extra 3GB of space taken up.
    Last edited by ThunderAcoustic; 11-10-2015, 09:45 AM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Bump, original post updated with new binaries!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Anyone has problems with the latest kit downloaded from the launcher ? It took longer to cook and when it tried to launch via the launcher, it wont load. the button went to 'busy' and then 'launch'.

I am now verifying the program. hope it fixes it.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Update now available on epic launcher !

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Bump with some v222.6 features!

Heavensn: The new Dino Tooltip UI should have been included with the v222.3 content, are you sure that Progress Bar just isn't hidden? The string of that progress bar, by the way, is retrieved from the individual Item Blueprints themselves. Anyhow, I've repacked all of the UI classes with v222.6 that will be posted to the Epic Launcher, just to be on the safe side. So you can check it from the Epic Launcher when the updated content is posted tomorrow in the Epic Launcher. (this will also include, finally, some of the missing particle system assets such as BloodImpact)

Thanks all,
    Drake
    Thank~~~~~~
    Last edited by Heavensn; 11-10-2015, 01:24 AM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Bump with some v222.6 features!

Heavensn: The new Dino Tooltip UI should have been included with the v222.3 content, are you sure that Progress Bar just isn't hidden? The string of that progress bar, by the way, is retrieved from the individual Item Blueprints themselves. Anyhow, I've repacked all of the UI classes with v222.6 that will be posted to the Epic Launcher, just to be on the safe side. So you can check it from the Epic Launcher when the updated content is posted tomorrow in the Epic Launcher. (this will also include, finally, some of the missing particle system assets such as BloodImpact)

Thanks all,
    Drake

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hey all,

If you've got ARK Dev Kit v222.3, you should update to v222.5 via GitHub here:
    https://github.com/StudioWildcard1/Ark-Dev-Kit

(Content is still v222.3, available @ https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B0d...RMcHkxSzQ/view to extract on top of Epic Launcher)

Reason is, v222.3 binaries had a bug that could crash upon loading maps with foliage in them. The good news is that if you recook your maps with v222.5, the performance for your players will be SUBSTANTIALLY increased due to foliage rendering optimizations that are cooked into the map. So do it!

We also should have v222.5 deployed to the Epic Launcher by Monday as well.

Thanks all, and keep up the great work!

(And Stay Tuned for info about the Next Worldwide Modding Contest with multiple categories! )

All the best,
    Drake
    v220~v222
    PrimalEarth\UI\ToolTipWidgetPrimalItem.uasset
    There is no progress bar,Hope can update files
    Click image for larger version

Name:	a1.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	68.5 KB
ID:	1092958
    Last edited by Heavensn; 11-10-2015, 01:49 AM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Did the UI bug that causes DevKit crashes(comboboxes in particular - there are a few issues with UI elements) I passed on the Jat get fixed in either .3/.5? If it did I can lighten the load and size of my UI considerably, but I'm over the crashes and can't be bothered with any more of them to test/check.

-WM

Leave a comment:

Working...
X