Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Custom Map Textures Missing on Dedicated Server - Fine in Singeplayer, Easy Fix??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks so much for the help, I'll give the new texture a try and see if that does anything. . . Be back with results!
    Creator of WickWillow Island & WickWillow

Comment

Originally posted by Dadmin View Post
      Hmmm, so a possible fix would be to try and select the texture I'm using but in the correct file path since it's not a modified asset? Then try using the correct pathed textures which might involve completely retexturing the map but if that's what it takes I'll do it.
      I would think you should just be able to point your landscape material to the default one /Game/PrimalEarth/Environment/Landscape/Mat_TheIslandWithMasks_Inst

Comment

I could hug you right now, you're a genius! I'm able to repath the textures to the correct layers in the right path. I can't thank you enough right now for helping me figure this out. Thank you Thank you Thank you! Now I just need to do this for 8 more terrains!

Comment

No problem! I'm pretty new to ADK so I'm glad I was able to help you out

Comment

There's so much depth to this program it can be incredibly confusing at times, You're the greatest!

Comment

Big learning curve for sure!

Comment

So after fixing the textures everything was looking great on the Dedicated Server, then I realized I did the same wrong duplicating method with my Ground Rocks that you pick up. Fixed those, but now I'm having those weird Query Errors when trying to join the server. Not sure if this is completely new or something different but it's definitely holding back the completion of the Online version of this map. Next time I'll test online the whole time >.<

This whole duplicating thing was such a bad idea, don't do it!!!!

The Server Query connecting Error was due to trying to host the outdated Mod Version, best advice I can give when hosting a Mod is to just download the exact copy of the folder from your client machine to your Dedicated Machine

Now a new problem. . . invisible rocks, lol ahhh troubleshooting!
                Last edited by Dadmin; 11-01-2015, 10:00 PM.

Comment

Honestly it sounds like you should be running a total conversion. It would probably save you a lot of headaches.

Comment

Working...
                  X