Missing Rock textures in editor?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Missing Rock textures in editor?

ok so when i updated my tools and i got on, all my rocks have no texture except that weird bluish checkerboard texture that you see in the premade map once the devkit launches. It says the texture is missing and i dont know what to do

It's weird and I don't know why it hasn't been addressed as it's been in the last 2 ADK updates but this is a temporary work-around which should sort things out: https://forums.unrealengine.com/show...th-last-update

Comment

Check which ARK Devkit Version do you use. It should be fixed in 217.0 and above.

Comment

Using the latest version available on the epic launcher (217.0) but it's still screwed; even after file validation I perpetually get the "MATF_ObjectSnow" errors for a number of different things (rocks, ice, trees, etc.) -- currently easiest to just manually edit the parent files and that be the end of it but I would appreciate it being updated to actually-fixed for all of us (as much as I may now be in the minority in that it hasn't been fixed *yet*).

Comment

Originally posted by Erthrock View Post
          ok so when i updated my tools and i got on, all my rocks have no texture except that weird bluish checkerboard texture that you see in the premade map once the devkit launches. It says the texture is missing and i dont know what to do
          Had of been an hour-ish later and you would have had the fix! Haha.

Originally posted by Spanj. View Post
          Using the latest version available on the epic launcher (217.0) but it's still screwed; even after file validation I perpetually get the "MATF_ObjectSnow" errors for a number of different things (rocks, ice, trees, etc.) -- currently easiest to just manually edit the parent files and that be the end of it but I would appreciate it being updated to actually-fixed for all of us (as much as I may now be in the minority in that it hasn't been fixed *yet*).
          Taken from: https://forums.unrealengine.com/show...ile-now-linked
          Originally posted by sinarisinestro View Post
          Hey guys,

DevKit v217 Binaries are on GitHub: here

v217 diff Content is here

Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend!

Update: Caught a missing file today, and informed the dev's about it. This missing file solves any broken materials that anyone was seeing in the dev kit. The dev's apologize for this! Here's the file:

MatLayerBlend_Full.uasset

After downloading place this file in the following directory in your ADK install folder; "Engine\Content\Functions\MaterialLayerFunctions\"

- Sinari
          Pay special attention to the bold. This was posted 8 hours before you posted as the pinned topic at the top of the page...

-WM
          Workshop: My Workshop
          ARK Modding Discord Admin: Join here!

Comment

Working...
          X