Creating items w/ inventory

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Creating items w/ inventory

I can easily create items like guns, and modify supply drops... But when I try to make a new version of a storage crate, it always keeps the settings from the old storage crate (except what it looks like), even though i've changed the item quantity. When I try to make a special mortar and pestle that crafts different things, it defaults to all the old mortar and pestle schematics, and to its old inventory size. Same with a fabricator. What is wrong with this thing?

Are you creating new structures using the "child" option? In that case, that is intended behavior - child classes always inherit all components (like inventories) from parent classes directly.
    Instead, use the "copy" option - this will allow you to edit or replace the default inventory, setting your desired number of slots and recipes.
    ARK guides: Item Quality, Taming Parameters, Armor and Damage
    My Mod: Very outdated, don't know if I'll ever update...

Comment

Are you changing inventory blueprint? It's included inside item blueprint.
      Ark Mod: Metal with Glass Set

Comment

I've been using copy.. and changing both blueprints... Its really wierd.

Comment

Then it's possible that you're just making the old versions of said structures.
          ARK guides: Item Quality, Taming Parameters, Armor and Damage
          My Mod: Very outdated, don't know if I'll ever update...

Comment

If you still haven't figured it out add me on Steam and I'll walk you through it. Whitedylan7 is my steam name.
            Last edited by Holyno; 10-13-2015, 07:13 AM.
            My public mods: Dozer's Configurable Mods
            Crystal-infused Obsidian Structures

Battle Arena!
            Plant Y Anti-dino Plant v0.3

Comment

Added, and yeah, no matter what i change it reverts to the original.

Comment

If you still have problems - I can post an entire walkthrough on creating an item that has inventory.
                ARK Mods:

Scientist Class - http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile.../?id=527251743
                Oyster Bed 2.0 - http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile.../?id=522160582

Comment

with pictures? and does this include things like the mortar and pestle?

Comment

post an entire walkthrough on creating an item that has inventory.
                    that would be great! same question here

Comment

Figured it out. **** hidden blueprints.

Comment

Originally posted by dubCUT View Post
                        Originally posted by CFrankie View Post
                        If you still have problems - I can post an entire walkthrough on creating an item that has inventory.
                        that would be great! same question here
                        I would like that walkthrough also .

Comment

Working...
                        X