Spawning a container with water in it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spawning a container with water in it?

I am trying to create a fish tank, and want to spawn it with water in it. Is there a way to do this or is the map editor the only way?

One proposal, you have to make a blueprint for your fish tank. Than let the watervolume spawn via blueprint in your favorate position and scale. Click image for larger version

Name:	SpawnActor.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	23.9 KB
ID:	1091128 Place the other StaticMeshes in the component editor. That should work.

Comment

Where did you find this node in the Dev Kit. I have been unable to find it in the Event or Construction graphs.
      Last edited by Miyasa; 10-12-2015, 12:31 AM.

Comment

It is a node in the event graphs. RightClick, type "spawn" an select "spawn actor from class". Hope that helps.

Comment

Well I found it and messed around, may keep trying, but I obviously don't know how to code enough to make it work. Maybe I will come back to it if I learn how to use the graph more. Thanks for the help though.

Comment

No Problem. Hf
            If you need a tutorial, to learn the important basics for your task, try this one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9-7SmkasS_A

Its a Spawning volume, which let raining cows. You will find the most of blueprints logic you need for your project.

Last edited by daJhoonyツ; 10-15-2015, 07:42 AM.

Comment

Thanks for all the help. Will see if that can teach me what I am missing. Can tell you how much I appreciate all the help.

Comment

Working...
              X