Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Using substance in Ark

Hi,

I wondered if anyone had thought about using substance in Ark yet?

I thought I would start just by trying to import the assets into an ark level and taking a look - but the plugin is engine 4.8 / 4.9.

Has anyone got the 4.5 compatible plugin, or got substance to work with Ark?

Substance painter or designer? Or what substance you talking about?
    "The bond with a true dog is as lasting as the ties of this earth will ever be."

Comment

Sorry for not being specific.

I guess either, since they require the plugin, as far as I know?

Has anyone gotten the plugin to work and is using the substance tools?

I try to pull in atlantis to the ark dev kit, bu it requires the plugin, and I cant fingd anything older than 4.8/4.9

Comment

You dont need a plugin. Depends on what you are doing. For example, i texture all my models in substance, then just export the maps and import into Unreal. (ADK)
        "The bond with a true dog is as lasting as the ties of this earth will ever be."

Comment

Ah thanks Dirten.
          Im sorry I'm a little bit new to this designing lark - maybe I do things the wrong way round?

I tried to view the Substance atlantis demo project, and got it working in unreal 4.8.
          I had hoped it was possible to edit substance materials directly in the dev kit and then wanted to try to figure out a way to import to ark. I thought it would be nice to have something already to play with.

Comment

you "export as bitmap" (generally .png) click the gear icon -> Export Outputs

even using substance, like in Unity is dumb because the substances take too long to load most the time... of course you can make a highly optimized substance.. for example if you wanted animated substances (iam Unity dev, dunno much about Unreal)
            Last edited by CaoMengde777; 10-27-2015, 03:49 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by CaoMengde777 View Post
              you "export as bitmap" (generally .png) click the gear icon -> Export Outputs

even using substance, like in Unity is dumb because the substances take too long to load most the time... of course you can make a highly optimized substance.. for example if you wanted animated substances (iam Unity dev, dunno much about Unreal)
              Hi

I didnt really understand this workflow?
              I am in unreal and the substance textures are sbsar? They require the substance plugin to show up.
              Are you saying its possible to convert them to bitmaps? I dont see that option?

Comment

Working...
              X