How to tackle my new issue?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to tackle my new issue?

Ok, I made a thread in the support section but I'm sort of done with that route on how I'm doing this...

In the image below, this current system gives me a yaw offset that changes with each foundation it's placed upon. The offset is not constant, I find this odd. The number it's telling me is close to what the snap point rotation is set to, but I cannot think of why it's not explicitly that offset when placed.

If this changing number is not avoidable, how do I best go about "checking" if the offset is close to or within one of four offset "ranges" that I can then apply scaling to dependent on if it meets the criteria?

Also, how can I make sure the mesh will scale when placed, and not just during placement?

Thanks.

-WM
    Last edited by WoefulMacabre; 09-19-2015, 12:15 AM.
    Workshop: My Workshop
    ARK Modding Discord Admin: Join here!

Ok, further testing has shown the direction I'm facing is changing the numbers... so... I have no idea what I've done, or what it's reading from.

-WM
    Last edited by WoefulMacabre; 09-19-2015, 12:15 AM.

Comment

Hm, anybody have any ideas as to why the number it returns is affected by the direction the camera faces when placing?

To clarify I know it's the view direction because I've tested with placing two walls that face the same direction, but I changed where I was standing and the direction I was facing when placing it.

For example, facing the wall and placing it returned a rotation offset of roughly 0, but standing behind the wall and placing it returned an offset of about 90.

-WM

Comment

Working...
      X