Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

no Raptor actors returned with SphereOverlapCheck for actor class filter DinoCharacterBP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

no Raptor actors returned with SphereOverlapCheck for actor class filter DinoCharacterBP

It works for all the other dinosaurs I've tested. Should I be using GeneticallyEngineeredThemeParkMonsterCharacterBP as my filter instead?

It looks like Gigantopithecus does the exact same thing!

Comment

We will need more information than what you have given, can you elaborate a little more please.

Comment

I've written a blueprint to perform a SphereOverlapCheck within a radius around the actor who calls it. The blueprint for that section is shown here.
        Click image for larger version

Name:	Sphere Overlap Actors Setup.png
Views:	1
Size:	243.8 KB
ID:	1086907
        I set it to filter by Actor class DinoCharacterBP, and by object type DinoPawn. The search radius default is set to be large, but not arbitrarily large: 30000.0 units, about 6 times the default Mate Boost radius.
        Attached Files

Comment

Some dinosaurs are returned by this Sphere Overlap Check, and some are not. To demonstrate this, I set up a test area with two parasaurolophus and two raptors near each other and started the game. I modified the blueprint to print the results of the Sphere Overlap Check to the screen and screencapped it, which I will post when the database stops fighting with me :P
          The results were thus: there were four distinct sets of Sphere Overlap Check results printed in the console, but all of them consisted only of the IDs of the two Parasaur actors.
          I have done some, but not extensive, testing of this, and my current results are as follows.

Dinosaurs detected by the above Sphere Overlap Check:
          Parasaurolophus
          Trike
          Ankylosaurus
          Dilophosaurus

Dinosaurs not detected by the above Sphere Overlap Check:
          Raptor
          Gigantopithecus
          Trilobite
          Attached Files

Comment

I think I might know why this is happening, but I will have to get into the ADK to confirm, give me a moment while I start my coffee and open up my ADK ^_^

Added: Well, it wasn't what I thought it might be, do you have custom dino's in your game by any chance?
            Last edited by KamenAlien; 09-03-2015, 11:53 AM.

Comment

Nope, this is on a vanilla install of the ARK devkit.

Comment

I found the solution! You also need to add DinoPawnCollideWithRider to the Object Types array of the Sphere Overlap Actor Check in order to return Trilobites, Gigantopithecus, Raptors, and all the other animals that weren't showing up in the Sphere Overlap Actor Check as written above.

Comment

Fantastic discovery! Those collision checks can be a little weird!

Comment

Working...
                  X