Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Putting players into tribes on spawn.

Hey guys,
    I was wondering if there is a way of forcing players into Tribes on spawn/connecting, but I don't really know how. I found a few helpful nodes, but have problems understanding how the "MakeTribeData" node should work. Most of the outputs should be inputs I think. I really don't know how that node should work otherwise... Besides my setup is there another way of doing it? I was starting on a TC but that requires factions or sides and not so much the player choice of joining a tribe he want's to be in. Would be a shame if I have to drop the whole idea.

Here is an image that shows the outputs that should be inputs of the node I was talking about.

If there is no way of doing this right now, pls handle this as an DevKit feature request. If there is such thing.
    Last edited by Kenturrac; 08-27-2015, 11:20 PM.
    Creator of Tribe Wars and LD @ DICE

I'm trying to figure this out too but I know it's possible. Can anyone help?

Comment

hey Kenturrac if you're on IRC tonight (I'm rarp) we can try and figure it out I need this for my game mode as well, and I'm 99% sure it's possible
      Check out my current development at https://lattasoft.com!

Comment

Will be there. Still hoping for a comment by StudioWildcard.

Comment

Yay, little breakthrough!
          I can add people to a Tribe now. But first a player has to create a Tribe. I still don't know how to do it. I also still don't think it is possible. The MakeTribeData node is obviously broken. Someone added outputs instead of inputs. Anyway, I dont think I will get an official answer before Monday so I have to work with what I have.

Comment

Hello Kentur, was about to try the same but would like to know if you manged to make any updates on this yourself?

Comment

Originally posted by Athenikus View Post
              Hello Kentur, was about to try the same but would like to know if you manged to make any updates on this yourself?
              Haven't checked since the update came out. Before it was not possible to create a tribe withing blueprints. Putting people in a tribe is something you can do in the gamestate. But the tribe needs to exist already. Found a nice way to handle it in my TC.

Comment

out of curiousity how do you edit the gamestate? when i look at the gamestate it says ShooterGameState but it doenst seem to come up with a result when searched.

Comment

First you should merge all the SOTF files into your Ark files. You can find a tutorial on that somewhere on this forum. From there on you can start modifiying the SOTF gamestate, but I would recommend creating a child class blueprint of the "custom game state" (I think that is the name) and from there on you are free to go.

BTW: even without the SOTF files there should be more than one gamestate if you search for it in the content browser. Just search for "state".

Comment

Working...
                  X