Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just got a new and hot request: Make the InputAction events fire in blueprint. Right now they do not work in blueprints at all. I guess the C++ code is consuming the input. Would be lovely if these events would work without overriding the original functionality of course. From what I remember that should be an easy change in code. Here is a screenshot of some of the events I mean: https://gyazo.com/1ef41f2a24eea43ba8fcc86f8f16f120

And some of the direct Input events do not work. Like F1-F12. Might be a bug.
    Last edited by Kenturrac; 10-02-2015, 08:34 PM.
    Creator of Tribe Wars and LD @ DICE

Comment

Can we please get some feedback as to whether or not this whole thread was a futile exercise and was just a means to placate the mod community?

Comment

Can we add Lua support? I know that the unreal engine 4 has built in support for Lua through the ScriptPlugin, ScriptGeneratorPlugin, etc. However, is it possible for the devs to add support for Lua? Games like Garry's Mod have flourished because of Lua, and I think it would be a great investment of the devs time to work on this. Also, blueprints can only go so far, and then content creation will pretty much hit a dead end. The reason for this is Lua scripts mesh together differently than blueprints do, and thus (based on how it's integrated) it can open up completely new horizons and can extend the ARK's world even more! I also know that with Lua, it is far more secure for users to write loose scripts rather than to code in C++, as it would allow for viruses, etc. Now, I'm not suggesting that with Lua that there will be no vulnerabilities whatsoever, but it'll be much more secure than loading random C++ dlls... So is this a possibility or not?

Comment

I have to say as a mapper i would highly recommend this feature be added in

https://docs.unrealengine.com/latest...t/4/index.html

Adding grass in the adk is probably the most tedious job when making a map and this would make everything so much easier
          If you want to try my map you can find it at the link below
          Founder of [Map] Terra Nova

So you want to make a map? (Tutorial)

My setup: Asus Rampage IV black edition, i7-4820K @ 4.20ghz, DDR3 1600mhz 32gb, Nvidia GTX 780 Ti, 2x 128gb SSD 8x3tb 7200rmp hdd's, 950W PSU

Streaming here whenever I work on my map http://www.twitch.tv/uzumi/

Comment

I would love the ability to force a inventory refresh on clients end. Currently if a script changes the inventory it will not refresh on clients end till they close and reopen the inventory or wait till the refresh interval fires off on its own.

Comment

Originally posted by uzumi18 View Post
              I have to say as a mapper i would highly recommend this feature be added in

https://docs.unrealengine.com/latest...t/4/index.html

Adding grass in the adk is probably the most tedious job when making a map and this would make everything so much easier
              This grass feature is in Unreal Engine 4.8, last version is 4.9, but ARK use custom 4.5.1... We want update, but sorry, they don't want update...
              Last edited by Neizan; 10-04-2015, 11:39 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Neizan View Post
                This grass feature is in Unreal Engine 4.8, last version is 4.9, but ARK use custom 4.5.1... We want update, but sorry, they don't want update...
                They use a custom made version of the unreal engine, they can add and remove features they want from newer releases
                If you want to try my map you can find it at the link below
                Founder of [Map] Terra Nova

So you want to make a map? (Tutorial)

My setup: Asus Rampage IV black edition, i7-4820K @ 4.20ghz, DDR3 1600mhz 32gb, Nvidia GTX 780 Ti, 2x 128gb SSD 8x3tb 7200rmp hdd's, 950W PSU

Streaming here whenever I work on my map http://www.twitch.tv/uzumi/

Comment

Stasis seems to kill timer based scripts looping when using event begin play. Soon as the object goes into stasis the script stops or is killed when it returns from stasis the script does not resume. Not sure if event begin play is not fired again after stasis or need some form of event for out of stasis so we can resume scripts being ran.

Comment

The ability to add to the DinoSpawnEntries during runtime would be useful.
                    Richard Rude
                    Environment Artist
                    Portfolio: www.richardrude.com
                    Artstation: www.artstation.com/artist/richardrude

Comment

I have a couple of buff requests:

1. "Deactive On Submerged" boolean. This would go great with a "burning" debuff that you either have to wait out or go jump in a lake.

2. "Buff to Give Inventory Owner Character". I'm looking for a way to implement a buff just for holding the item in your inventory. In my case, for handwarmers or icepacks. This could also be used for game modes like CTF where carrying the flag item would give you a glowy buff so everyone knows who has the flag (or "Capture the Egg" where grabbing the golden egg draws massive amounts of dino aggro). Maybe it might make sense to re-implement the existing egg aggro stuff as a carryable buff rather than a special case?

Comment

I have an idea:

Release updates to the dev kit with the updates for the game, this way we can mod the latest content, yeah? Still waiting for 218.

Comment

Good luck with that request PhoenixJedi.

I think for the most part, this whole thread has been an exercise of futility.
                          Just a way to placate us really.

Not seen any of these suggestions in patches or in the pipeline... I am looking directly at Grenades still do MORE damage to Stone than Wood!
                          Go nuts on the official servers... Rain down terror on stone bases... Grenades do a **** load more than Rockets or C4.

Comment

Please add navmesh support into the dev kit. I want to do AI but i can't because the test map doesnt have navmesh and dev kit doesnt support building it.

Comment

Hello !

Add ability to structure with inventory to generate item over time.
                              - PrimalItem to Generate
                              - PrimalItem Quantity to Generate
                              - Delay between each generation of PrimalItem

Comment

I thought I had already posted this but I may just be imagining things.

We seriously need the "Is Powered" variable/functionality exposed. This is partially due to the flawed logic of "Auto Activate if powered" being overridden by "Toggle Activation" in that said item won't activate and is deactivated by default, kind of makes the first one redundant. Also because an item can be activated regardless of being powered or not and having the "Active requires power" enabled. Again, these may be oversights but they're a tad annoying and illogical.

Also, exposing more of the tribe variables would be appreciated. Either making the Tribe Admins array read-only(for obvious reasons) or exposing/creating a flag on playerpawns or in their playerstate along the lines of "isTribe(/Team)Admin" so we can set further security precautions into mods, and to extend some functionality.

-WM
                                Workshop: My Workshop
                                ARK Modding Discord Admin: Join here!

Comment

Working...
                                X